Around the B1G/NCAA

Not gonna lie...I had to Google who UMBC was at halftime to establish who they were exactly. I knew a #1 seed would go down some day, but for THE #1 seeded team to get blown away by the likes of UMBC makes one pause to consider the beauty of this tournament. Sure my bracket is a bit screwed (as is every IU fan who avoided advancing pUKe in that region). But damn, that was some inspiring basketball to watch tonight! 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am already excited for our team next year because we will have shooters! to complement the defense that CAM is instilling in the team. This past season CAM’s schemes created a lot of open looks, we just couldn’t shoot. Next season we will have both a defense and an offense for opposing teams to contend with. Can’t wait!!

8 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Few things in life are certain:

Death

Taxes

People assuring us that Virginia won't choke in the tournament this year.

Virginia choking in the tournament

You forgot one.

I'm not sure whether I should be laughing at Virginia, concerned that the vaunted pack line defense seems to cause early outs for both Virginia and Arizona every year,  or be PO'ed that Purdue wasn't the first 1 to lose to a 16. 

3 minutes ago, slojoe said:

Buffalo and UMBC upsets very favorable to UK.  They only need to beat Buffalo and winner of Kansas State/UMBC game to get into the elite 8.

And certainly capable of beating UK, Cincinnati isn’t really the strongest 2 seed. Cal’s gonna waltz into the Elite 8, and maybe the Final Four. 

4 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Me thinks you were not the only one.....  O.o

Haha I wasn't, but I had said that they were the great team everyone said this season didn't have. 

I think DJ said it in another thread but that game was eerily similar to ISU and FW. 

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah I adjusted my bracket because of the Hunter injury but that wasn't the issue last night. 

I don't know what it was, but VA players acted like they didn't want to be there. I don't know how many uncontested layups that little munchkin had for UMBC. The wife thought he was cute, called him a jitterbug......

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The ACC flexed their muscles yet again. 

Clemson beat New Mexico State.  :coffee:

Yeah, I try to keep an eye on Brownell.  He played with Cheaney in HS.  Looks like he has the Tigers going in the right direction.

After 40 years of making a bracket, last night's Virginia game is why I stopped making brackets, last year.  Now.... rather than being torn by a team I felt should have won, I just sit back and enjoy the games.  Having the dogs winning is much more enjoyable for me now. 

Archived