Around the B1G/NCAA

4 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Don’t disagree, but you can’t really say Indiana fans would be happy with four Sweet 16s in six years when Crean went to three in five years and was fired at the end of the next season.

There is more than just sweet 16's with Beilein though!  That's all the farther Crean could make it.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, FW_Hoosier said:

Don’t disagree, but you can’t really say Indiana fans would be happy with four Sweet 16s in six years when Crean went to three in five years and was fired at the end of the next season.

No, they sure won't.  I think they might be more likely if the intervening years weren't so bad, though.

Then again, a percentage of the IU fanbase has some wild expectations.  I still laugh thinking of Degenerate's post demanding national championships...crazies...every school has them, but IU has a few more than usual.

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

We'll find out the impact. I'm certain Butler will attack him every chance they can. 

And that they should.  I would put my best non starter defensive player on V. Edwards, and ask him to tell me what flavor of gum Edwards is chewing, when I took my guy out.

Again... I am no coach.  But that's what I would do.

43 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

There will always be a certain part of every fan base groaning if they don’t win it every year and IU fans have big expectations, but there’s more to it. The years in between we’ve been awful. I give him a pass on the first 3 years and a thank you for getting us through it, but he had no excuses for those ridiculous lulls. I think that’s how much of the fan base feels too. IU should expect a top 5 finish in the Big Ten every year or 8 of 10 years. He finished 1st twice but t-8th, t-7th and t-10th in 3 of the other years of his last five years. He also wasn’t bringing in Indiana kids and was burning bridges with Indiana HS coaches.

Beilein has been top 5 in the Big Ten in 6 of his last 8 years with a NCAA Finals appearance mixed in. I think IU fans would be fine with that. All of that is at a football school too.

11 minutes ago, FWIUFan said:

Really feel for Haas.  Glad he gets a chance to possible come back and play next week.  Now can MSU do us a favor and take out Syracuse.  

Before the game, the announcers claimed it was the NCAA that disallowed Haas from playing.  Due to the size of his cast.  If true, perhaps the PU medical team can design a cast that passes NCAA standards.  After all.... it is an engineering school, isn't it ?   LOL

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I was rooting for Big Ten and my bracket.  Not afraid to admit that.

Not me because I have Purdue going to the elite 8 but was wanting Butler to win.  I did not get to see the game because I m moving this weekend but got to listen to some of it while I was in the car.

If you watched the game, Izzo had his team doing exactly what they should have. They just couldn't make shots.

Had them winning it all but I am not sad that they are out. However, this loss was not due to poor coaching 

Archived