Around the B1G/NCAA

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

He got hacked on the arm. Easy foul call. Must be all the luck Purdue had this year I guess. 

To me you being here a minute after your tournament game is embarrassing on your part.  Why would you come to an IU board when we were not even playing instead of going to discuss your teams usual tournament loss on your own board.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me you being here a minute after your tournament game is embarrassing on your part.  Why would you come to an IU board when we were not even playing instead of going to discuss your teams usual tournament loss on your own board.

Because the Purdue board is a nightmare right now. 

Can you give up the whole “I don’t know why you post here I’d never post on a Purdue board blah blah blah” shtick? You mention it all the time. 

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Agree here. Way too many careless turnovers and our guys decided they didn’t want to box out. Haarms was bad and clearly let the moment get to him. 

As far as a strategy to offset their athleticism, what could he have done without having Haas? 

Seems to me Haas wasn't going to do much to offset that athleticism. Your guards and forwards got out hustled for the ball in many cases. Haas absence the half court offense, when they managed to get into it. 17 TO's disrupted the entire process of even utilizing anything Haas could give you. Vincent Edwards 6 TO's in particular were brutal.

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Agree here. Way too many careless turnovers and our guys decided they didn’t want to box out. Haarms was bad and clearly let the moment get to him. 

As far as a strategy to offset their athleticism, what could he have done without having Haas? 

Haarms doesn’t get boards because he thinks he can block every shot thus is always out of position to get them. I don’t think having Haas tonight would have mattered much as TT has enough athletic big men to keep him in check. The story tonight was the job done on Mathias and to some extent VE. Carsen cant do it alone if Purdue wants to win games. If I’m him I test the draft waters and see if he can convince a GM to take a chance on him. Coming back to Purdue is going to lead to a frustrating two more years carrying Painter and his merry band of misfits on his back because he will have no help

1 minute ago, JerseyHoosier said:

Seems to me Haas wasn't going to do much to offset that athleticism. Your guards and forwards got out hustled for the ball in many cases. Haas absence the half court offense, when they managed to get into it. 17 TO's disrupted the entire process of even utilizing anything Haas could give you. Vincent Edwards 6 TO's in particular were brutal.

Haas would’ve scored a lot down low, drawn fouls, and been another guy to rebound. He impacts the game in so many ways. We didn’t have that low post threat tonight and my guess is that some of the players probably forced things trying to make up for that. 

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Disagree. Boiler came to take his licks. He continues to prove he is a good, if misguided, poster.  

Because the Purdue board is a nightmare right now. 

Can you give up the whole “I don’t know why you post here I’d never post on a Purdue board blah blah blah” shtick? You mention it all the time. 

Pursuck board is a mess?? They really were that delusional to think they had a chance? Losing this game spared them of a complete massacre from Villanova. Pursuck never had a chance and never will. You would think Pursuck fans would be smart enough to figure that out since it is a prestigious academic school. 

2 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Pursuck board is a mess?? They really were that delusional to think they had a chance? Losing this game spared them of a complete massacre from Villanova. Pursuck never had a chance and never will. You would think Pursuck fans would be smart enough to figure that out since it is a prestigious academic school. 

Even with Haas, I think we would’ve lost to Nova. I think we absolutely had a chance to win this game and should’ve won. 

5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Haas would’ve scored a lot down low, drawn fouls, and been another guy to rebound. He impacts the game in so many ways. We didn’t have that low post threat tonight and my guess is that some of the players probably forced things trying to make up for that. 

Hass would of killed Pursuck defensively. TT bigs to athletic and would of pulled him away from basket and scored all night. Just like Michigan did. Save the stress Pursuck was losing either way. 

9 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Haarms doesn’t get boards because he thinks he can block every shot thus is always out of position to get them. I don’t think having Haas tonight would have mattered much as TT has enough athletic big men to keep him in check. The story tonight was the job done on Mathias and to some extent VE. Carsen cant do it alone if Purdue wants to win games. If I’m him I test the draft waters and see if he can convince a GM to take a chance on him. Coming back to Purdue is going to lead to a frustrating two more years carrying Painter and his merry band of misfits on his back because he will have no help

TT has enough athletic big men to keep him in check? What kind of stat line do you think Haas would’ve had if he had played tonight? 

Just now, 5 championships said:

Hass would of killed Pursuck defensively. TT bigs to athletic and would of pulled him away from basket and scored all night. Just like Michigan did. Save the stress Pursuck was losing either way. 

And Haas would’ve scored and drawn fouls on them all night. They weren’t losing either way. We held Evans in check and with Haas, things could’ve been very different. 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Even with Haas, I think we would’ve lost to Nova. I think we absolutely had a chance to win this game and should’ve won. 

Trust me Boiler Hass or no Hass it was going to be an L. Harms actually was a better matchup on defense. TT way to athletic with thier bigs. Smith would of killed Hass. 

2 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Trust me Boiler Hass or no Hass it was going to be an L. Harms actually was a better matchup on defense. TT way to athletic with thier bigs. Smith would of killed Hass. 

Agreed, Haas wouldn’t have been able to keep up with the bigs from TT getting up and down the court. 

And Haas would’ve scored and drawn fouls on them all night. They weren’t losing either way. We held Evans in check and with Haas, things could’ve been very different. 

And OG would have dominated the tournament last year, and IU would have made the Final Four in 2013 if Hulls didn’t hurt his shoulder, and, and, and.... Injuries happen to everyone, get over it.

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Agreed, Haas wouldn’t have been able to keep up with the bigs from TT getting up and down the court. 

You act like this is the first team we’ve played that had athletic bigs. TT’s bigs would’ve gotten owned on the inside by Haas. He would’ve either scored, drawn fouls, or both. 

Archived