Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Purdue beat Michigan two out of three. Guess it worked those other times. 

Yawn. here we are comparing games from January. Give me something to actually have to think about. Your arguments are weak Boiler. You are talking to the most knowledgeable basketball fans in the nation. Who have watched some of the best college basketball every played. You won't fool me or very many people on this board. 

2 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Yawn. here we are comparing games from January. Give me something to actually have to think about. Your arguments are weak Boiler. You are talking to the most knowledgeable basketball fans in the nation. Who have watched some of the best college basketball every played. You won't fool me or very many people on this board. 

Says the guy who doesn’t think Haas would’ve made a difference in this game. Your opinion doesn’t hold much weight. There are plenty of knowledgeable posters on here. You’re not one of them. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I didn't mention anything about TTU. 

That’s what this whole debate is about. How Haas wouldn’t have been able to handle TT’s bigs. I think he would’ve struggled some on defense but they would’ve just as easily struggled trying to guard him which would’ve led to easy baskets and fouls against TT. 

7 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Size is comparable but not athleticism.  Ayton is the only comparable one.  Jaren Jackson isn’t that athletic compared to TT forwards and center.  

Jaren Jackson has great potential but is still very weak right now. Not comparable to TT bigs. Also. Purdue kept TT best player Evans in check but TT still dominated mainly because of its Bigs. Would of been worse if Hass was out there on D. I can just see him getting drove by then turning and looking at Painter with his shoulders shrugged 😂

1 minute ago, 5 championships said:

Jaren Jackson has great potential but is still very weak right now. Not comparable to TT bigs. Also. Purdue kept TT best player Evans in check but TT still dominated mainly because of its Bigs. Would of been worse if Hass was out there on D. I can just see him getting drove by then turning and looking at Painter with his shoulders shrugged 😂

And what would happen when Purdue was on offense and got the ball inside to Haas? 

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

And? We held their best player in check. Having Haas would’ve made a big difference. 

I've alway respected how you brought your PU views to this board (and others) over the years, but it's obvious that you are going to fight an uphill battle on your points around here tonight. I'd suggest you get a good nights sleep (despite nightmares of turnovers...we've all had them around here), go to the gym and sweat our your disappointment tomorrow, and then come back here to discuss the rest of the tourney and next season. :)

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Says the guy who doesn’t think Haas would’ve made a difference in this game. Your opinion doesn’t hold much weight. There are plenty of knowledgeable posters on here. You’re not one of them. 

Seems like a lot of people agree with me. You seem to be in the minority here bud. 

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

That’s what this whole debate is about. How Haas wouldn’t have been able to handle TT’s bigs. I think he would’ve struggled some on defense but they would’ve just as easily struggled trying to guard him which would’ve led to easy baskets and fouls against TT. 

Every big TTU had would have given him problems on Purdues defensive end. 

7 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

And what would happen when Purdue was on offense and got the ball inside to Haas? 

Hass would of scored some obviously he is like 7"2. Hard not to score lol. But it would of been difficult TT would of swarmed him and been slapping the ball away like they did to everyone else tonight . And on the other end Hass would of gave up more than he could of scored. Hass much more effective when he plays bigs that stay around the rim. He was an interesting piece. With the right matchup he could really play well. With the wrong matchup he was a liability. Tonight he would of been a liability. 

15 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

He would of made a lot more of a difference against Butler since fowler and Widman stay close to the rim. You would of beat them easily with Hass in that game. It's all about the matchups. Can't just be good in one area to win championships. You are going to face a lot of different types of teams and styles in the Tourney. TT not a good matchup for Pursuck with Hass or without him. 

If I'm Carson Edwards, I'm hopping the next train out of Smellerville and getting paid to play with better players. That was the toiletmakers best chance for a deep run and other than him, they played like the losers they are. As the focus of the defense next year, he's going to be very frustrated.

For a veteran team like Purdue to lose on turnovers is a tough one. I think Edwards layup cut it to 3 in the 5 minute mark but tip of the cap to Tech. They pushed it up to 10 right away. Turnovers and not getting to the line were poor for Purdue. Did not having Haas hurt? Sure it did but KState played without Wade vs Kentucky and didn't hurt them. Purdue's slide started in February and they never got back to that special team we saw in January.

I don't mind Painter. To me he seems fair, honest...and he's not one of these guys who lobs a comment just to get rivals or others fired up. With that said...Painter might have to change things up. This 1 good to great team every 3-4 years model isn't cutting it. Considering where this team was this season the end can't be viewed as successful. Underachieving more appropriate.

9 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Well I've heard everything now, they keep stats for everything. In the PU/TT game they noted Matt Haarms had 3 hair adjustments and 2 points so far......

Stay Tuned for more updates

Anyone have any updates on Haams hair adjustments last night? That probably had more effect than TT big guys??

does it really matter if we speculate what would have happened if Haas played?  what if Bryant and OG would have stayed another year?  i think we could have beaten Texas Tech.  does that count?  point is the Smellermakers made it to the Sweet 16 which is outstanding for that program and the best they can ever hope for.  this was "their year."

8 hours ago, 5 championships said:

Betting on Pursuck in the tourney.. never smart..choke job everything. They say our banners are dusty well least we have 5 of em. Thier best teams can't even make it out sweet 16. Pursuck is always a good laugh especially when they really think they have a chance to win😂 I'd put a lot of money down saying Pursuck never wins a title in our lifetime. To many programs in the area that are better than Pursuck for them to ever have enough talent to win. 

They may be dusty, but I remember watching 3 of them and loved every minute of it! They can't take that away....

I hope the younger generation has the chance to experience those moments too, nothing like it

Archived