Around the B1G/NCAA

20 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

I respectfully disagree with you.  Physical maturity and athleticism are two totally different things.  Just because I’m 31, more physically mature and stronger than a 20 year old, doesn’t mean I’m more athletic than them.  I didn’t really see their big guys stretch the defense all that much, and I didn’t see them get the ball up top and take their defender off of the dribble either.  Both of those things are things Jackson does very well, and I think that’s where I get that he’s very athletic.  He handles the ball really well and can get to the hole at 6’10”. If I were to rank the traits of athleticism in order of importance it would be, coordination/fluidity, speed, jumping ability, and then strength.  To your point, I would argue that an 18 year old Lebron James coming out of high school was more athletic than what he is today, yet he’s stronger and a better bball player today than he was back then.

I disagree that lebron was more athletic in high school. Have you seen his highlights from his first stint with the cavs. Incredible. I know for me i could jump higher and run faster when I was 22 then when I was 18 but I was also training through those years. A lot of people don't get the chance  to play and train everyday to realize your peak as an athletic are your early 20's. As far as Jackson taking the ball to the hole and stuff. I think that is more skill than athletisim. You can take an Olympic long jump and sprinter  and put him on the basketball court but he might not be able to dribble a ball. It's the unique ability to be able to mix athleticism and skill which makes guys great. 

I respect your opinion tho! Good discussion. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, rico said:

Maybe he values what we have to say?

To me him being here  minute after they los tin the tournament is plain embarrassing for Purdue.  It makes it seems like he is more worried about IU than his own team.  I just don't understand that mentality and will not because I will never go to their board.  After we have lost in the sweet 16 it never crossed my mind what Purdue thought of that loss and go to ther board.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me him being here  minute after they los tin the tournament is plain embarrassing for Purdue.  It makes it seems like he is more worried about IU than his own team.  I just don't understand that mentality and will not because I will never go to their board.  After we have lost in the sweet 16 it never crossed my mind what Purdue thought of that loss and go to ther board.

Maybe he respects how we value the game.  Maybe he can't get that on "his" board?  We talk a lot of topics here.  I dunno, but to me he brings something to this site.

36 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Remind me why you continue to repeat yourself over and over again? I get it. You wouldn’t go to a Purdue board to discuss anything and don’t understand why a Purdue fan would come over here. I get it. Let’s move on from it shall we?

32 minutes ago, rico said:

Maybe he respects how we value the game.  Maybe he can't get that on "his" board?  We talk a lot of topics here.  I dunno, but to me he brings something to this site.

It’s a nice change of pace and I like a lot of the posters on here. I like differing opinions and like to have good discussions on here. 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Remind me why you continue to repeat yourself over and over again? I get it. You wouldn’t go to a Purdue board to discuss anything and don’t understand why a Purdue fan would come over here. I get it. Let’s move on from it shall we?

In all seriousness though, what is the reason you come here?  Do you in fact respect how we value the game?  Or are the Boiler boards bad? Maybe you enjoy being condescending to your rival fanbase?  I am not trying to be a jerk, just curious.

As a website owner myself, give boiler credit.  He ventures into "enemy" territory and is nothing but cordial.  Damn, did anybody ever stop and think that maybe he likes us?  Geez.  So he roots for Purdue.  Is that really that big of a deal in the bigger scheme of things.  Too many people around here applaud HTD.  That guy talks more about Purdue than boiler ever did.

9 minutes ago, rico said:

As a website owner myself, give boiler credit.  He ventures into "enemy" territory and is nothing but cordial.  Damn, did anybody ever stop and think that maybe he likes us?  Geez.  So he roots for Purdue.  Is that really that big of a deal in the bigger scheme of things.  Too many people around here applaud HTD.  That guy talks more about Purdue than boiler ever did.

Yes it's a big deal, Purdue is awful.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Bingo.  His school affiliation may be a little off :D, but that doesn’t make him a bad person.  After all, we all have one common thing that brings us here, and that’s the love for the game of basketball.  I think sometimes we get into this whole IU vs. Purdue thing, which is great.  It adds a level of passion to the game, but from a pure basketball stand point (rose colored glasses off), I have always respected the way Purdue has played the game, especially when Gene was the coach. Some of us are more fanatics than others, but that’s the great thing about sports.  It brings people together from all different backgrounds.  Heck, I’d rather talk b-ball with Boiler than some other posters on here that call themselves IU fans.  

10 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

Bingo.  His school affiliation may be a little off :D, but that doesn’t make him a bad person.  After all, we all have one common thing that brings us here, and that’s the love for the game of basketball.  I think sometimes we get into this while IU vs. Purdue thing, which is great.  It adds a level of passion to the game, but from a pure basketball stand point (rose colored glasses off), I have always respected the way Purdue has played the game, especially when Gene was the coach. Some of us are more fanatics than others, but that’s the great thing about sports.  It brings people together from all different backgrounds.  Heck, I’d rather talk b-ball with Boiler than some other posters on here that call themselves IU fans.  

Plus I’m a cardinal fan so that gives me credit right? Haha

Archived