Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Plus I’m a cardinal fan so that gives me credit right? Haha

Yeah, I have always thought that the Stl part of your username is really a hint to your identity.

You are Brian Cardinal, right?

:D

I won't deny that I enjoy giving our resident Smellermaker fan a lot of crap. I'll also admit that I love seeing HTD give it to him as well. Credit him for taking it and coming back for more. Having glanced at GBI overnight, I completely understand why he'd rather hang out here.  If you're going to hang out on your rival's forum, you just have to understand that there's going to be a lot of smack talk about your team. As long as you can handle that and remain at least mostly respectful then by all means, be our guest.

1 hour ago, rico said:

As a website owner myself, give boiler credit.  He ventures into "enemy" territory and is nothing but cordial.  Damn, did anybody ever stop and think that maybe he likes us?  Geez.  So he roots for Purdue.  Is that really that big of a deal in the bigger scheme of things.  Too many people around here applaud HTD.  That guy talks more about Purdue than boiler ever did.

I agree I don't mind Boiler I just think he gets carried away about Pursuck with some of his takes. Like thinking Hass was going to make thst big of a difference and a few other things. I've known for a while now that Pursuck never had a chance. 

Like I love Archie Miller but if he makes a mistake I'm not gonna come up with excuses for him. 

Everyone else seems to agree that TT bigs were going to tear up Hass besides boiler which gets a little annoying. I don't wanna ever be to big of a fan that it blinds me of reality. I try to keep it as real as possible wether it's about IU or any other school. 

2 hours ago, 5 championships said:

I just think it's funny that he can't stay away from IU board that's all. 

In Boiler's defense.  He has as many or even more IU family ties than many of us.  We all make mistakes.  That is why, he is a welcome guest on HSN 3.0. 

Hell, I have a brother who has degrees from both IU and PU.  While he enjoys watching IU games and supporting our Hoosiers, his heart is with the Boilers. We haven't quite figured it out. We thought he might have been adopted,  but nope, he looks like the rest of us.

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Remind me why you continue to repeat yourself over and over again? I get it. You wouldn’t go to a Purdue board to discuss anything and don’t understand why a Purdue fan would come over here. I get it. Let’s move on from it shall we?

I will stop when you stop obsessing with IU and come here after every game trying to get IU's approval for your program.

1 hour ago, rico said:

As a website owner myself, give boiler credit.  He ventures into "enemy" territory and is nothing but cordial.  Damn, did anybody ever stop and think that maybe he likes us?  Geez.  So he roots for Purdue.  Is that really that big of a deal in the bigger scheme of things.  Too many people around here applaud HTD.  That guy talks more about Purdue than boiler ever did.

I don't applaud HTD because  to me what he says and it is coming from a 75 year old man is embarrassing

1 hour ago, StLHoosier said:

Bingo.  His school affiliation may be a little off :D, but that doesn’t make him a bad person.  After all, we all have one common thing that brings us here, and that’s the love for the game of basketball.  I think sometimes we get into this whole IU vs. Purdue thing, which is great.  It adds a level of passion to the game, but from a pure basketball stand point (rose colored glasses off), I have always respected the way Purdue has played the game, especially when Gene was the coach. Some of us are more fanatics than others, but that’s the great thing about sports.  It brings people together from all different backgrounds.  Heck, I’d rather talk b-ball with Boiler than some other posters on here that call themselves IU fans.  

I have no problem with him coming here to talk basketball but what I find strange is doing it right after they play a game.

4 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Yeah, I have always thought that the Stl part of your username is really a hint to your identity.

You are Brian Cardinal, right?

:D

If he is Brian Cardinal I hate him because he did not play for us. I know not his choice. Good old Ron Felling screwed the pooch on that one

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

So how long after the game do I have to wait to come over to discuss it? 

To me when it is right after the game ends it makes you look like you just can't wait to get IU's approval.  You know me I don't know why you come here in the first place but to me it looks silly coming a minute after the buzzer sounded.

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Hey your Reds have some good young prospects. Will Votto retire a Red? 

Votto probably will retire a Red since he has a no trade clause in his contract and said he won't revoke it.  Also it will be hard to find a team not named the Yankees or Dodgers that  could take on that contract.

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Hey your Reds have some good young prospects. Will Votto retire a Red? 

His contract IS the Reds biggest problem. It has them handcuffed for years.

They should have done what the Cards did to Pujols and let him walk.

Just now, IUaic said:

His contract IS the Reds biggest problem. It has them handcuffed for years.

They should have done what the Cards did to Pujols and let him walk.

I agree but Votto did have a great year last year.  To ne what has hurt the Reds is that they got nothing in the trades for Cueto and Chapman.  When trading those two we should have gotten at least 4 top prospects in exchange for those two players.

Archived