Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, IUaic said:

His contract IS the Reds biggest problem. It has them handcuffed for years.

They should have done what the Cards did to Pujols and let him walk.

Cards didn’t let Pujols walk. They made him a really good offer and he decided to take the Angels offer. It worked out for the cardinals but they didn’t let him walk. Just like it worked out with Hayward too. 

11 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Since this is a basketball thread....😀

Loyola off to a great start. Love the way they move the ball. Love the way they play defense 

This is one of the most fun teams to watch.  These kids bring it every play.  Lucas Williamson would look great in candy stripes.  He is fun to watch.  A freshman at that.

2 hours ago, rico said:

As a website owner myself, give boiler credit.  He ventures into "enemy" territory and is nothing but cordial.  Damn, did anybody ever stop and think that maybe he likes us?  Geez.  So he roots for Purdue.  Is that really that big of a deal in the bigger scheme of things.  Too many people around here applaud HTD.  That guy talks more about Purdue than boiler ever did.

At least HTD is entertaining. Boiler has the personality of a card table.

1 hour ago, RJPaisley said:

Hell, I have a brother who has degrees from both IU and PU.  While he enjoys watching IU games and supporting our Hoosiers, his heart is with the Boilers. We haven't quite figured it out. We thought he might have been adopted,  but nope, he looks like the rest of us.

As I've stated before, I have degrees from both IU and PU but lean more toward IU the PU due to my Dad. I hope I not hated.  I have always enjoyed the rivalry with IU/PU especially during the Keady/Knight era. also have stated that I would like to see both IU and PU became perennial BB powers.  I think it would help both teams.  I would love the IU/PU game having the national attention of UNC/Duke.  I enjoy Boilers posts.  I was pulling for PU in the NCAAT since IU didn't make it this year.  Perhaps that makes me an "Unperson."  Unfortunately, I think CAM is the one who exposed their weakness when pressuring the perimeter players.  An athletic team like TT took advantage of them which led to the L.  We all enjoy BB even though we have our favorites and this we all know this is an IU forum.  I love this forum specifically due to the civility and knowledge that ALL the posters bring including Boiler.  My hat's off to Mile and the other mods for creating such a pleasant place to visit.  

23 minutes ago, IUalum said:

This is one of the most fun teams to watch.  These kids bring it every play.  Lucas Williamson would look great in candy stripes.  He is fun to watch.  A freshman at that.

I have enjoyed watching Loyola more than I have any team this whole season.

Kenny Smith is the worst studio analyst of any sport, on any network, in the entire universe.  Why in the hell the TV people don't realize that I have no idea.  At least Barkley is supposed to be an incompetent buffoon.  That's his schtick.  Smith is just horrible beyond words.

29 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Kenny Smith is the worst studio analyst of any sport, on any network, in the entire universe.  Why in the hell the TV people don't realize that I have no idea.  At least Barkley is supposed to be an incompetent buffoon.  That's his schtick.  Smith is just horrible beyond words.

If you had taken what he said at halftime, transcribed it, and read it aloud later it would have sounded like incoherent nonsense 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I have no problem with him coming here to talk basketball but what I find strange is doing it right after they play a game.

This is awful, having to defend Boiler, again.  In all fairness, have you been on that board after a Boiler loss?

Despite the crap we give him, its probably still better for him here.  If you can get past your hatred of PU, think of him as 'our boiler'?  I dunno, I'm just kind of spitballing hoping perspectives change enough to make this place more hospitable.  I do not find it likely we will be inundated here with rival fans any time soon.

I was a bit judgmental of HTD on the other board and regret that. 

A guy who has been an IU fan as long as he has, has earned the latitude to say what he wants. 

Lord, let me be as passionate about something, anything, as HTD is about IU hoops 

25 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

This is awful, having to defend Boiler, again.  In all fairness, have you been on that board after a Boiler loss?

Despite the crap we give him, its probably still better for him here.  If you can get past your hatred of PU, think of him as 'our boiler'?  I dunno, I'm just kind of spitballing hoping perspectives change enough to make this place more hospitable.  I do not find it likely we will be inundated here with rival fans any time soon.

Nope never been to their board or any other teams boards and will never do it. Now Boiler will come back and ask why I said this again.

9 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

I was a bit judgmental of HTD on the other board and regret that. 

A guy who has been an IU fan as long as he has, has earned the latitude to say what he wants. 

Lord, let me be as passionate about something, anything, as HTD is about IU hoops 

Yes he is passionate but to me a person of that age or anyone over 15 years old should not act like he does with the juvenile name calling.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Yes he is passionate but to me a person of that age or anyone over 15 years old should not act like he does with the juvenile name calling.

That’s his thing, it’s what he does. Don’t get all bent out of shape and instead appreciate him and his passion. Anyone over the age of 15 should be able to recognize that and not let it affect them. 

Give the guy a break

Archived