Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Did I miss this?  Penn St destroyed Utah for nit championship.  I watched part of the replay today and they whipped Utah.  Now the question is will their sophomore duo jump at a fast rising star or stick around to try to get into the dance?

I am sure one will declare.

On 3/27/2018 at 9:09 PM, FKIM01 said:

Penn State is just CRUSHING Miss State.

Interesting stat they showed in that game was the dramatic turnaround in year 3 Ben Howland has had at his last three schools. Went from 10-15 wins the first 2 years, to mid 20's in year 3. With his emphasison defense, once the foundation is layed and the system established,  there's more consistency going forward.  Hope Archie has a similar,  albeit faster, turnaround once he gets his system and players in place.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/23388504/duke-blue-devils-commit-joey-baker-reclassifies-2018-class

Duke gets another 5 star player for this year because a 5 star 2019 class is re classifying to 2018

Losing a lot of respect for Coach K down the stretch of his career. He's not the only coach to have guy reclass, but this is starting to become a trend for Coach K and we have to wonder who he's trying to benefit in this scenario? The kid or himself? Remember a couple years ago he had a pg reclass last minute and then recruited over him the next summer and the kid had to transfer. 

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

Losing a lot of respect for Coach K down the stretch of his career. He's not the only coach to have guy reclass, but this is starting to become a trend for Coach K and we have to wonder who he's trying to benefit in this scenario? The kid or himself? Remember a couple years ago he had a pg reclass last minute and then recruited over him the next summer and the kid had to transfer. 

I lost respect for him years ago.

8 hours ago, BGleas said:

That's a great point I'd forgotten. It's obvious he wasn't honest with the kid. The other choice is he's a lousy talent evaluator. 

9 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Chambers extended.  Smart move by PSU.  He is just now gaining traction.  

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/23396592/penn-state-extends-coach-pat-chambers-22

We’ll see. He hasn’t been able to match his big recruiting win with Lamar Stevens class. Could be back to obscurity once he’s gone. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived