Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I have come to the conclusion that when i need an answer to anything obsure or need some random info to make myself look smarter you will be my 1st call. Thanks for that interesting tidbit

LOL.....it actually was something I picked up from an article I read about the younger Simms being shot and killed(sad).  So it was not in my memory banks......but it is now.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Kevin Ollie may be the worst coach ever to win a national championship.

He reminds me of Mike Davis. Shouldn't have had the gig in the first place but UConn was doing what they could to keep the squad together after Calhoun left. Took Calhoun's team and his system and let the players do what they already knew how to do. Once they were gone he was exposed as being in way over his head.

3 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

He reminds me of Mike Davis. Shouldn't have had the gig in the first place but UConn was doing what they could to keep the squad together after Calhoun left. Took Calhoun's team and his system and let the players do what they already knew how to do. Once they were gone he was exposed as being in way over his head.

That's pretty much spot-on the way I saw it.

4 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

From La Lumiere right?   This really may be Steve's last rodeo.

Injuries shouldn't cost a man his job but the talent he has might be enough to mask mediocre coaching ability without the injuries.

That being said, unless he does a surprisingly  good job this year with the rest of the roster, you're likely right...UCLA may well have the visual evidence to reverse a weak hiring decision.

30 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Injuries shouldn't cost a man his job but the talent he has might be enough to mask mediocre coaching ability without the injuries.

That being said, unless he does a surprisingly  good job this year with the rest of the roster, you're likely right...UCLA may well have the visual evidence to reverse a weak hiring decision.

I dunno, my guess is now Alford keeps his job.......or UCLA will see a lot of transfers?

Archived