Around the B1G/NCAA

Just now, rico said:

I dunno, my guess is now Alford keeps his job.......or UCLA will see a lot of transfers?

Just a hunch, but assuming UCLA made a reasonably good hire, I think most would stay.  The attraction there appears to be LA, weather, local pro teams, etc.  I suspect excellent coaching is down the list a bit.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rico said:

We won’t be able to go above .500 against our five toughest non-conference opponents?  We’ll probably be favored in all of those games except Duke... Marquette and Louisville at home, Arkansas on the road, and Butler in the Crossroads are all very winnable games.  I have no doubt we will at least 3 of them.  Dumb analysis.

Anyone ever pay attention to Depaul? I thought there was a poster on here who was pretty close to that situation. Anyway...don't think I can remember Coach and AD getting no contact orders from a court for a former assistant. No reason in the world that program can't be at the very least semi competitive. As someone who reads the Tribune each day I keep up with them on articles only. Sounds like a complete clown show there.

On 10/18/2018 at 7:20 AM, Seeking6 said:

Anyone ever pay attention to Depaul? I thought there was a poster on here who was pretty close to that situation. Anyway...don't think I can remember Coach and AD getting no contact orders from a court for a former assistant. No reason in the world that program can't be at the very least semi competitive. As someone who reads the Tribune each day I keep up with them on articles only. Sounds like a complete clown show there.

I just came across an article pertaining to it.  Bizarre for sure.  

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-spt-depaul-dave-leitao-jean-lenti-ponsetto-protection-20181017-story.html

2 minutes ago, rico said:

As far as DePaul and it's program.......what has happened to them?

Honestly I think most will say the same thing. Very, very, very poor leadership in AD Office and Administration. If they just recruited a 50 mile area they would have enough talent to field a NCAA tourney team every couple of years but they've chose to get dirty. If I were a school like Depaul....I would be on the horn with Dane Fife or someone like him and give him a shot. They can't do any worse. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Honestly I think most will say the same thing. Very, very, very poor leadership in AD Office and Administration. If they just recruited a 50 mile area they would have enough talent to field a NCAA tourney team every couple of years but they've chose to get dirty. If I were a school like Depaul....I would be on the horn with Dane Fife or someone like him and give him a shot. They can't do any worse. 

I looked it up.  In the last eleven seasons the Demons have had nine where they lost 20+ games.  The two they didn't.....they lost 19.

Wasn't sure where to post this or if it deserved it's own thread.  It has been discussed before here at HSN, ESPN not covering or saying much about the FBI investigation.  Perhaps protecting a cash cow. 

It's worse than I had thought.  My Google suggestions have 4 stories from ESPN, 1 NBA, 1NCAA football, and 2 NCAA bball stories.  The first features Zion Williamson and how he isn't paying attention to the investigation.  The second is 'power rankings'.  Who should the photo feature?  Bill Self of course.

Anyone else think they at ESPN are attempting damage control?  Meh, I'm probably crazy.

7 hours ago, PoHoosier said:

Wasn't sure where to post this or if it deserved it's own thread.  It has been discussed before here at HSN, ESPN not covering or saying much about the FBI investigation.  Perhaps protecting a cash cow. 

It's worse than I had thought.  My Google suggestions have 4 stories from ESPN, 1 NBA, 1NCAA football, and 2 NCAA bball stories.  The first features Zion Williamson and how he isn't paying attention to the investigation.  The second is 'power rankings'.  Who should the photo feature?  Bill Self of course.

Anyone else think they at ESPN are attempting damage control?  Meh, I'm probably crazy.

ESPN has been very good at ruining a very good business for at least 10+ years. Wouldn't put anything the clown show that exists in Bristol. 

Wasn't sure where to put this. Anyone else surprised that Mack has 5 top 100 commits for Louisville while facing additional charges? Seems odd is all.

Also....Cuonzo Martin flipped another one last night. 4 star player who was supposed to go to Minnesota is headed for Missouri now. I can't remember the coach who said it but there was someone who basically said he only started recruiting players when they committed somewhere because he wanted to know who the competition was....haha. Seems like Cuonzo is doing the same.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Wasn't sure where to put this. Anyone else surprised that Mack has 5 top 100 commits for Louisville while facing additional charges? Seems odd is all.

Also....Cuonzo Martin flipped another one last night. 4 star player who was supposed to go to Minnesota is headed for Missouri now. I can't remember the coach who said it but there was someone who basically said he only started recruiting players when they committed somewhere because he wanted to know who the competition was....haha. Seems like Cuonzo is doing the same.

Not surprising with Mack.  Louisville is still a name brand.

'Zo can recruit....be interesting to see what he can turn Mizzou into in the SEC.

Archived