Around the B1G/NCAA

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Wasn't sure where to put this. Anyone else surprised that Mack has 5 top 100 commits for Louisville while facing additional charges? Seems odd is all.

Also....Cuonzo Martin flipped another one last night. 4 star player who was supposed to go to Minnesota is headed for Missouri now. I can't remember the coach who said it but there was someone who basically said he only started recruiting players when they committed somewhere because he wanted to know who the competition was....haha. Seems like Cuonzo is doing the same.

Th UL thing does surprise me and I tend to be a bit cynical by nature.  That a quality coach would take the job and be able to draw high level recruits is really strange given the situation.

Maybe everyone has been given some kind of assurance that any NCAA actions will be minor, years away, or non-existent. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Th UL thing does surprise me and I tend to be a bit cynical by nature.  That a quality coach would take the job and be able to draw high level recruits is really strange given the situation.

Maybe everyone has been given some kind of assurance that any NCAA actions will be minor, years away, or non-existent. 

Nah, Louisville is a blue blood and now they got their man that wants to be there.  And besides....NBA scouts will still be in the stands.

16 minutes ago, rico said:

Nah, Louisville is a blue blood and now they got their man that wants to be there.  And besides....NBA scouts will still be in the stands.

And if they blow the program from the earth because they committed more violations after being on probation? To me it just seems odd. I mean...I don't think it's unreasonable to think that Louisville is going to get more sanctions, banned from tourney,etc....right?

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

And if they blow the program from the earth because they committed more violations after being on probation? To me it just seems odd. I mean...I don't think it's unreasonable to think that Louisville is going to get more sanctions, banned from tourney,etc....right?

Anything is possible one way or another.  

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Regardless of how it was achieved, Louisville has had significantly more success than IU over the last 25 years.  IU needs to do something soon to hold onto 'blue blood' status.

Those gears are already turning and that engine looks strong to go for miles

1 hour ago, CrimsonV said:

I’d pick a couple handfuls of others first.  Villanova and Mich St to name a few

I mean pick whatever you want, but Louisiville has more wins, more conference titles, more tournament appearances, more final fours and as many or more national titles than both of those teams. 

Would love to hear the logic you apply to saying either of them is the better program historically. 

30 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I mean pick whatever you want, but Louisiville has more wins, more conference titles, more tournament appearances, more final fours and as many or more national titles than both of those teams. 

Would love to hear the logic you apply to saying either of them is the better program historically. 

I see what you did there.  Tallied up all those vacated crowns and wins.  Whole lot easier to rack up wins when you played in the Metro conference or CUSA for years. 

UL        MSU        VU

Titles                   2             2            3

F4                        8              9            5

E8                        11           13          13

S16                      24            19         17

Tourn Invite        38             32         37

Wins                  1680         1698      1753

26 minutes ago, CrimsonV said:

I see what you did there.  Tallied up all those vacated crowns and wins.  Whole lot easier to rack up wins when you played in the Metro conference or CUSA for years. 

UL        MSU        VU

I'm curious, where would you rank Louisville program-wise nationwide? I'd say you'd be hard-pressed to find them outside the Top 10 at least. 

Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas, IU, UCLA, Villanova, MSU...those would be the max number of teams I can think of currently that you could argue be ahead of Louisville. That would put them #9 nationwide. 

40 minutes ago, ArchieBall13 said:

I'm curious, where would you rank Louisville program-wise nationwide? I'd say you'd be hard-pressed to find them outside the Top 10 at least. 

Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas, IU, UCLA, Villanova, MSU...those would be the max number of teams I can think of currently that you could argue be ahead of Louisville. That would put them #9 nationwide. 

In fairness it hasn’t been that long for Louisville. They’ve been in that group for sure, will they stay in it? 

What about Cuse and UCONN? Cuse btw was built on Boheim’s repeated cheating, routinely played ineligible players, etc. Vill may stay in that group but they may fall off 

1 hour ago, ArchieBall13 said:

Hate to say it, but based on the last 15 years, we don't belong on this list. Nor does UCLA. 

2 hours ago, ArchieBall13 said:

Admittedly, I grew up down that way and have a distaste for them.  11th behind UConn and Arizona

3 hours ago, CrimsonV said:

UL        MSU        VU

Hmmmmmm, this looks pretty damn good no matter what conference you are in.....

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/louisville/

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

How much of that ends up vacated?  We know they were paying players and buying strippers/prostitutes for them.  That doesn't sound much like the actions of a blue blood program to me.

Ask UCLA and North Carolina about those things.  Hell, 'Nova had a guy say he was on coke.  

1 hour ago, rico said:

Ask UCLA and North Carolina about those things.  Hell, 'Nova had a guy say he was on coke.  

Unfortunately, you can't always control the actions of a player, especially if you have no knowledge of the infraction until he's gone.

As to UCLA paying players and North Carolina keeping players eligible with fake classes, those aren't actions of blue blood programs either.  I'm thoroughly disgusted at most of the so-called "blue blood" programs.  If their success is the product of cheating, I don't know how we consider them blue blood programs.  I consider them successful cheaters.

22 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Unfortunately, you can't always control the actions of a player, especially if you have no knowledge of the infraction until he's gone.

As to UCLA paying players and North Carolina keeping players eligible with fake classes, those aren't actions of blue blood programs either.  I'm thoroughly disgusted at most of the so-called "blue blood" programs.  If their success is the product of cheating, I don't know how we consider them blue blood programs.  I consider them successful cheaters.

You asked me a question.....there be the answer.

4 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

How much of that ends up vacated?  We know they were paying players and buying strippers/prostitutes for them.  That doesn't sound much like the actions of a blue blood program to me.

It sounds exactly like the actions of a blue blood, to me. 

Archived