Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weird one. Former Mr. Illinois Mark Smith who left Illinois after 1 year and transferred to Missouri was granted a waiver and is allowed to play right away. Does anyone know how or why? Seems like the normal reasons aren't in play here. He's not moving closer to home for medical/hardship,etc...

57 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Weird one. Former Mr. Illinois Mark Smith who left Illinois after 1 year and transferred to Missouri was granted a waiver and is allowed to play right away. Does anyone know how or why? Seems like the normal reasons aren't in play here. He's not moving closer to home for medical/hardship,etc...

Maybe the coaching change at Illinois?  I do believe he committed to Groce.....maybe he tried to get out then?  

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Anyone see Duke play last night?  That's really the only game on our schedule that I don't think we have any chance of winning.  I see Zion drawing multiple fouls on Morgan in the first 2 minutes unfortunately.  That will be the game.  We do match up with Barrett well.

I think we will hang with Duke - Morgan can hold his own against Zion. 

56 minutes ago, Cutter said:

Don't think Morgan will guard zion.  Smith, McRoberts and Thompson are my guesses.

I think McRoberts is guarding Barrett.  We can't have Romeo picking up multiple fouls immediately.  Maybe JS.  Keep in mind that this game is at Cameron Indoor.  It's worse than the Kohl Center.

13 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I think McRoberts is guarding Barrett.  We can't have Romeo picking up multiple fouls immediately.  Maybe JS.  Keep in mind that this game is at Cameron Indoor.  It's worse than the Kohl Center.

No question Duke will get the calls with K and the crowd working the officials.  That's the nature of the home court advantage and Duke's advantage is undoubtedly bigger than others due to reputation.  I don't expect a train wreck though...they have to guard Romeo and Juwan as well.  Which freshman is going to shut down Morgan without fouling?

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

No question Duke will get the calls with K and the crowd working the officials.  That's the nature of the home court advantage and Duke's advantage is undoubtedly bigger than others due to reputation.  I don't expect a train wreck though...they have to guard Romeo and Juwan as well.  Which freshman is going to shut down Morgan without fouling?

Zion will plow over Morgan.  It doesn't matter if he is set.  Foul on Morgan.  Book it.

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

You are probably right on that. Maybe durham can get some of that too. Demazi may get a chance at him also

Talk about Karma with a capital K...Wake Forest's Matt Colburn TORCHED Louisville yesterday for 243 yards rushing on 20 carries.

Bobby Petrino, upstanding citizen that he is, pulled a verbally committed Colburn's scholarship offer 48 hours before signing day.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/10/wake-forest-matt-colburn-gets-revenge-louisville-scholarship

3 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Zion will plow over Morgan.  It doesn't matter if he is set.  Foul on Morgan.  Book it.

I guess we should just forfeit the game and not go and get embarrassed LOL!.  You watch these freshman playing against D2 teams and think that is the way they will play every game against tougher competition.  It is funny that we played Duke last year which had all of these great freshman big men and was able to compete with them.  I am sorry but you have to be the most pessimistic person on this board and could never see a bright spot if it hit you in the face. 

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess we should just forfeit the game and not go and get embarrassed LOL!.  You watch these freshman playing against D2 teams and think that is the way they will play every game against tougher competition.  It is funny that we played Duke last year which had all of these great freshman big men and was able to compete with them.  I am sorry but you have to be the most pessimistic person on this board and could never see a bright spot if it hit you in the face. 

You don't read very well.  I said this was the only game on our schedule I didn't think we could win.  Only one.  That's not bad.  I've also said that we would win the B1G this season and make the Elite 8.  By the way, I think your pals fleaugh and IUgradman miss you.  You should go say hi.

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

You don't read very well.  I said this was the only game on our schedule I didn't think we could win.  Only one.  That's not bad.  I've also said that we would win the B1G this season and make the Elite 8.  By the way, I think your pals fleaugh and IUgradman miss you.  You should go say hi.

Don't lie.......you are a closet Duke fan.

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

No thank you that place is a cesspool and I only go to that site for football..   We might lose to Duke but it will be a competitive game and how many freshman actually come in and just dominate physically like you think Williamson is going to do.

Archived