Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't care if it's 1st game or not. 34 point getting bent over blowout loss for the nation to watch won't sit well with the fans across the Ohio. They probably won't even enjoy the season because now they'll be worried what will happen in March or April. 

With that said...slowing the game down, making timely 3's, above 75% from FT line and pray they get into foul trouble is about the only way we keep that one close in a few weeks.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Don't care if it's 1st game or not. 34 point getting bent over blowout loss for the nation to watch won't sit well with the fans across the Ohio. They probably won't even enjoy the season because now they'll be worried what will happen in March or April. 

With that said...slowing the game down, making timely 3's, above 75% from FT line and pray they get into foul trouble is about the only way we keep that one close in a few weeks.

I think we have very little chance to win against Duke, but I don't think we get beat quite THAT bad.  Once again, Kentucky is vastly overrated in the preseason.  One of these days, the 'experts' are going to realize that, while you can occasionally get that special class (Duke this year, UK with Anthony Davis), a roster filled with one and done players is simply not a recipe for a Championship caliber team.

30 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I think we have very little chance to win against Duke, but I don't think we get beat quite THAT bad.  Once again, Kentucky is vastly overrated in the preseason.  One of these days, the 'experts' are going to realize that, while you can occasionally get that special class (Duke this year, UK with Anthony Davis), a roster filled with one and done players is simply not a recipe for a Championship caliber team.

I had to take a peak this morning at Rupp Rafters. I was blinded by the sun when I read the first comment saying Calipari needs to recruit better players. I had to tap out and never go back again. Haha...

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Agree Fouls. Plus IU staff will have scouted / tape reviewed this game heavily. I expect our D to be tough against Duke. 

On the flip side, we'll need to get a big game out of Morgan in particular -- as good as Rob has looked, and as talented as Romeo is, this is a game where Morgan, with his level of experience and talent, has to lead strong, and through doing so, open up the floor for Romeo et al. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I had to take a peak this morning at Rupp Rafters. I was blinded by the sun when I read the first comment saying Calipari needs to recruit better players. I had to tap out and never go back again. Haha...

Yes. The first guy I talked to today said Cal has got lazy and he isn't getting the best players anymore. He was more worried how this will effect next years recruiting then the fact they lost. All UK fans have to look forward to anymore is signing day and draft day.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yes. The first guy I talked to today said Cal has got lazy and he isn't getting the best players anymore. He was more worried how this will effect next years recruiting then the fact they lost. All UK fans have to look forward to anymore is signing day and draft day.

All Cal cares about is how many of his players are 1st round draft picks

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

All Cal cares about is how many of his players are 1st round draft picks

I know I know...he's a Saint just looking out for these poor kids getting them to the NBA and making them money. Well....maybe now we see Coach K loves those poor athletes a little more....because he probably has top 3 picks in the draft.....Vernon Carey will be watching closely lol.

42 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

In a heart-warming gesture, a Lexington screen-printing shop shipped a large container of shirts to an area of need overseas...

40-0.jpg.adb0bf3610c1d7ff93e6877d011cbd0e.jpg

I swear I went out on the web looking for this photo last night.  I figured someone would have put it back out in circulation.  

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

Funny stuff. Minus one of our title teams the 89 team has always been my favorite. I think we gave up 100+ 3 times in our first 5 or 6 games. People were freaking out and Knight turned in one of his best coaching jobs ever in my opinion. We'll see if Cal is up to the task.

Archived