Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Iowa knocks off Oregon. Either Oregon or Syracuse will come away with two losses. Should be another team we pass if we beat Arkansas. 

I think if we keep playing the way we are capable of the wins will come and the ranking will take care of itself. We win in Arkansas that will be a big feather come March. That would likely give us two quadrant one wins to start the season...that’s a great start and the B1G will give us plenty of more opportunities.

9 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Iowa knocks off Oregon. Either Oregon or Syracuse will come away with two losses. Should be another team we pass if we beat Arkansas. 

Pretty solid win for Iowa. With the exception of bottom tier teams like Rutgers, Illinois...I feel like most of the Big 10 has started off on the right foot so far this year. Impressive early wins/blowouts. 

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

Only two coaches I would have chosen over Archie is Donovan and Stevens...and clearly they weren’t real options. I’m happy with the energy and direction Archie is taking us.

Maybe it is a god thing we did not get Donovan because I heard an interview on the radio the other night.  I guess Roy Williams was ready to turn in Donovan into the NCAA for illegal recruiting and was really upset with the Mike Miller recruitment.  I think it was on the of the Assembly Call shows and they were interviewing Rick Bozich(sp)?

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe it is a god thing we did not get Donovan because I heard an interview on the radio the other night.  I guess Roy Williams was ready to turn in Donovan into the NCAA for illegal recruiting and was really upset with the Mike Miller recruitment.  I think it was on the of the Assembly Call shows and they were interviewing Rick Bozich(sp)?

Pot calling kettle black.

19 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Pretty solid win for Iowa. With the exception of bottom tier teams like Rutgers, Illinois...I feel like most of the Big 10 has started off on the right foot so far this year. Impressive early wins/blowouts. 

So far the B1G has looked pretty dang good for sure.  The conference race is going to be interesting.

9 hours ago, rico said:

Don't worry about the rankings fellas...but for the record Purdue has never been #1.  Their highest ranking is #2...LOL

I did not know that. Even Tom Crean had us ranked #1 for a good stretch of a season.

I am starting to feel a little bit of sympathy for them. They can't make it past the Sweet 16 anymore. Have no chance of ever being ranked #1. Won't be getting top ranked Indiana recruits anymore. Going to be looking up at us (their most hated rival) for as long as Archie is here. And their football coach is about to bail on them. What do they really have to look forward to? Are they still good in Women's hoops?

8 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Maryland, Purdue and Iowa all win comfortably. 

Iowa could and probably will be ranked ahead of us even if we beat Arkansas. 

While taking out Oregon was a nice win, they were expected to beat UConn (kenpom 90) on a neutral court.  It won’t be long before Fran finds mid season form.

5E327DCD-0621-481C-8245-DC27AF6A24B5.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It's early and things have a way of evening out but I don't see the Big 10 with an elite elite team....but I see potentially as many as 8 maybe even 9 tourney teams based on early returns. 

Right now, Parrish on CBS has 8 B1G teams in the Top 25 and 1.  No Iowa.

Archived