Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

We play Penn St soon and they lost again. This time to Bradley. I actually am asking this in seriousness. Isn't this like the 8th year in row that Pat Chambers is supposed to have a good team? I mean Penn St has given him all the opportunities in the world, right?

It’s Penn state how much do they really care. For gods sake they cared so little about their basketball team one of the first things the big ten did was make them build a new arena 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

We play Penn St soon and they lost again. This time to Bradley. I actually am asking this in seriousness. Isn't this like the 8th year in row that Pat Chambers is supposed to have a good team? I mean Penn St has given him all the opportunities in the world, right?

Wasn't PSU the NIT champs last year?  

14 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Texas knocks off #7 UNC. Seventh Woods didn’t play for UNC.

Texas had to go to overtime to beat Arkansas on a neutral court....puts some perspective on our loss from the other day....a game we should have won honestly!

College basketball....where anyone can upset anyone on any given night. I just wished we were healthy going into Duke...I have a feeling between foul trouble and a short bench we could be in trouble for that one.

20 hours ago, rico said:

Wisconsin beats Oklahoma 78-58

Wisconsin looks good....the only good thing about Wisconsin is that I don't think they have a ton of room to grow. They are about as good today as they probably will be in March. They are a sound team but I don't look for a lot of growth and improvement from their players...where as we have a lot of growth potential.

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Wisconsin looks good....the only good thing about Wisconsin is that I don't think they have a ton of room to grow. They are about as good today as they probably will be in March. They are a sound team but I don't look for a lot of growth and improvement from their players...where as we have a lot of growth potential.

I haven't watched them....I don't know how many frosh they have.

12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Wisconsin looked like a very good high school team that moves the ball and has the tallest kid on the court.  Very beatable but they won't beat themselves.  They really on Happ getting double and even triple teamed and then kicking it out. Trice hit 7-8.

13 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Wisconsin looked like a very good high school team that moves the ball and has the tallest kid on the court.  Very beatable but they won't beat themselves.  They really on Happ getting double and even triple teamed and then kicking it out. Trice hit 7-8.

Yep...Trice is the key I think to how good they become. He is a redshirt sophomore and I think the lynch pin to the upside of this team. Happ obviously is pretty dominant but if you can keep Trice under wraps that is the key imo. A team that is more of sum of it's parts and how they work together than anything. If Happ was to get in foul trouble...they would struggle. They only play basically 6 maybe 7 deep.

21 minutes ago, rico said:

I haven't watched them....I don't know how many frosh they have.

They actually are pretty young....a lot of experience though from last years team that had all the freshman that played and they struggled. They just don't have many guys that can really get their own shot or a lot of athletic upside so I just feel like they are maximizing their potential right now....they will always play hard and likely have a few crazy hot shooting nights. A dangerous team no doubt...but one that I don't see expanding on what they've shown us so far.

I know I post on him often but how things went down I won't ever forget. Anyway...if Kris Wilkes thinks he's going pro after his 2nd season ( I know he thought 1 and done) he's got a great path to the G League or Europe. Watching him right now vs UNC. Not getting back on D. Missing wide open shots and appears UCLA is focusing on other options when it comes to their sets. Given the discussion in other thread about Romeo's spot in our offense (which I find amusing)...seems that Wilkes is roughly the 3rd option at UCLA.

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I know I post on him often but how things went down I won't ever forget. Anyway...if Kris Wilkes thinks he's going pro after his 2nd season ( I know he thought 1 and done) he's got a great path to the G League or Europe. Watching him right now vs UNC. Not getting back on D. Missing wide open shots and appears UCLA is focusing on other options when it comes to their sets. Given the discussion in other thread about Romeo's spot in our offense (which I find amusing)...seems that Wilkes is roughly the 3rd option at UCLA.

He made a huge mistake committing to Stevie Mediocre.  It is what it is...

Archived