Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yesterday they were saying on Rupp Rafters that it was all Romeo's fault that UK didn't land Bol Bol.  Romeo was dishonest with Cal about his intentions and that caused Cal to leave Bol Bol off the USA team.

I was thinking Romeo got disenchanted with Cal.  I have no idea about Bol Bol.  But a lot of 5*'s are going to "lessor" schools.  Fultz to Washington, Simmons to LSU, and Porter to Missouri come to mind.

Honestly, if UK had played ANYBODY since the Duke game they would have multiple losses right now. They have played horrendously to start the season. If it wasn't for playing Monmouth and Tennessee St. and Sister Agnes school for blind girls I think I saw them play honestly they would be feeling even worse than us. We have a good win to show for it....a tough tough loss on the road of a middle pack SEC school that we should have beat if Davis had his legs. UK has looked even worse then we have so far this year and I'm not saying they are a great team but we can bounce back. Tighten the reins....get our veterans Green and McRoberts into game shape....maybe even add back Hunter and let's see how we do. I still think we can finish top 3 in the B1G and can land a 4/5 seed in the tournament.

Pretty good game between Athletes (Maryland) and Basketball Players (Virginia). Both are well coached. Under 5 to go in the first half and only 4 TOTAL foils called, even with both teams playing fairly good D.

28-21 Cavs

How the hell did we miss out on Indiana kid Kyle Guy?

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Pretty good game between Athletes (Maryland) and Basketball Players (Virginia). Both are well coached. Under 5 to go in the first half and only 4 TOTAL foils called, even with both teams playing fairly good D.

28-21 Cavs

A well coached Turgeon team? That’s a new one. 

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Ill say this every year.  I hope he graduates early and comes home for senior year.  He is the prototype for breed, born, and raised Hoosier.  Looks like a Hoosier, plays like a Hoosier.  Put a freaking Hickory jersey on that kid.  

Edit.  Ill add that I think Bennettis a creeper,  something about him, maybe smugness?

14 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Ill say this every year.  I hope he graduates early and comes home for senior year.  He is the prototype for breed, born, and raised Hoosier.  Looks like a Hoosier, plays like a Hoosier.  Put a freaking Hickory jersey on that kid.  

Edit.  Ill add that I think Bennettis a creeper,  something about him, maybe smugness?

I'd love it, I just don't see why he would do it. UVA is the better program at the moment, they're putting guys in the NBA every year just about and they're the better academic school.

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

I'd love it, I just don't see why he would do it. UVA is the better program at the moment, they're putting guys in the NBA every year just about and they're the better academic school.

Come home, get his master's,  then carve out a 6-10 year career as a back up in the league.  I mean as slick as he is and can be, will be ever get drafted?

Guy isnt coming to IU. We were never players in his recruitment and the kid loves where he is at. I am not a direct friend of his family but do know people that are and the kid loves his current school/coach. 

There is nothing wrong with it and it's not a knock on our school/team/coach but not every kid from Indiana dreams of playing for Indiana. We can't get them all. Things might have been different if we had a different coaching staff but we can only speculate.

8 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Define better program? They've only put 4 players in league under TB's watch and 2 of those only played in 1 season. Last I checked it's been what 3-4 years since TB has made it past the first weekend of NCAA tourney. Regular season conference championships don't matter much (Crean never was recognized for his 2) so what says they are a better program? 

Just my little opinion. Tony Bennett gets away with lots of flaws as a coach because he's a 2nd generation coach who has a good relationship with media. 

5 hours ago, Riverrat said:

Guy isnt coming to IU. We were never players in his recruitment and the kid loves where he is at. I am not a direct friend of his family but do know people that are and the kid loves his current school/coach. 

There is nothing wrong with it and it's not a knock on our school/team/coach but not every kid from Indiana dreams of playing for Indiana. We can't get them all. Things might have been different if we had a different coaching staff but we can only speculate.

We do have a new coaching staff. And of course I'm just totally speculating, he would have to graduate in 3 years and want to come iu. 

Thanks for your input.  I can still dream because that kid plays like a classic. 

Archived