Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, slojoe said:

A pretty narrow criteria!

But probably the most important when you're talking about a kid wanting to leave one for the other, from a basketball perspective. 

We can talk about non-basketball factors, but aside from being closer to family UVA has us beat. It's a better school. He has his entire social life there

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

But probably the most important when you're talking about a kid wanting to leave one for the other, from a basketball perspective. 

We can talk about non-basketball factors, but aside from being closer to family UVA has us beat. It's a better school. He has his entire social life there

Better how? Certain degrees maybe...but it's not like IU degrees are some University of Phoenix diploma. Virginia under TB has made it to the second weekend of tourney twice in 9 years.That's less than 25% right? I understand a kid wanting to get out of town maybe...but saying it's just a better program? Twice in 9 years they've made it to 2nd weekend.

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Better how? Certain degrees maybe...but it's not like IU degrees are some University of Phoenix diploma. Virginia under TB has made it to the second weekend of tourney twice in 9 years.That's less than 25% right? I understand a kid wanting to get out of town maybe...but saying it's just a better program? Twice in 9 years they've made it to 2nd weekend.

They are an Ivy League equivalent university. Saying they are a better school than IU isn't a knock on IU. 

Pointing out their flaws as a program doesn't even attempt to demonstrate how IU is better now. Why do you think a kid would want to leave Virginia after spending 3 years there with his teammates and developing his social life? Do we have any reason to think that's even in play?

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

They are an Ivy League equivalent university. Saying they are a better school than IU isn't a knock on IU. 

Pointing out their flaws as a program doesn't even attempt to demonstrate how IU is better now. Why do you think a kid would want to leave Virginia after spending 3 years there with his teammates and developing his social life? Do we have any reason to think that's even in play?

Just a quick point. You've said repeatedly that Virginia is a better program. I've pointed out that our regular season success (which doesn't matter to most) is on par with TB's teams. Whether Guy has buddies there doesn't matter to me. I'm talking about programs. You've said Virginia is better. I've said they've made the 2nd weekend 2x in 9 years. We just got rid of a coach who did better. Just curious why you say Virginia is better. That's all.

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Just a quick point. You've said repeatedly that Virginia is a better program. I've pointed out that our regular season success (which doesn't matter to most) is on par with TB's teams. Whether Guy has buddies there doesn't matter to me. I'm talking about programs. You've said Virginia is better. I've said they've made the 2nd weekend 2x in 9 years. We just got rid of a coach who did better. Just curious why you say Virginia is better. That's all.

I said they're currently a better program. Aside from them not being great in the tournament, how is it even a comparison right now?

They've made 5 straight tournaments, won the ACC 3 of the last 5 seasons. They have won 29 games or more in 4 of the past 5 seasons. 

We didn't just fire a coach for doing that. Out coach couldn't come close to doing that and it's why he got fired. Virginia isnt perfect but you can't find an honest fan on this board that would trade our recent years for theirs. 

Archived