Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I'm watching KS destroy Dana Altman right now.  He's a scumbag but a terrific coach.

If he could've stayed clean I think we'd have #6 by now.

Actually the year we fired him would have been #6. People forget how well that team was playing. Top 5 ranked team in country when we pulled the plug. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Actually the year we fired him would have been #6. People forget how well that team was playing. Top 5 ranked team in country when we pulled the plug. 

No.  They wouldn't have won it all.  EJ was banged up and we had absolutely nothing inside but DJ.  Dre and Stemler weren't going to get it done.

22 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

No.  They wouldn't have won it all.  EJ was banged up and we had absolutely nothing inside but DJ.  Dre and Stemler weren't going to get it done.

I just remember beating a top 10 Sparty team by 20 (and it wasn't that close) before we self imposed the death penalty for a parking ticket. We were playing as well as anyone in the country. I'd take my chances vs Kansas or Memphis all day long.

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I just remember beating a top 10 Sparty team by 20 (and it wasn't that close) before we self imposed the death penalty for a parking ticket. We were playing as well as anyone in the country. I'd take my chances vs Kansas or Memphis all day long.

Yeah we'll never know.  We certainly could've beaten anyone.

Between watching our games and some other games (watching a little OSU-Minny right now) the officiating, including bogus charges, bogus moving screens, and this new hook and hold rule, college basketball is almost unwatchable. It’s sad what they’re doing to this game. 

8 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Nebraska knocks off Illinois comfortably. 

Illinois hung around within 8 with about 6 minuted left, but they're just not very good offensively. They play defense with effort and have an intensity, like their coach. If anyone in the league is more intense than Izzo or Fran, it's Brad Underwood.

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Between watching our games and some other games (watching a little OSU-Minny right now) the officiating, including bogus charges, bogus moving screens, and this new hook and hold rule, college basketball is almost unwatchable. It’s sad what they’re doing to this game. 

I'm watching as well. Spot on on the refs. 

Minny is getting ran out if the gym right now.

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'm watching as well. Spot on on the refs. 

Minny is getting ran out if the gym right now.

The call was right, but it’s a stupid rule that it’s a flagrant foul. 

Edit: The point is, at least IMO, officiating is ruining colllege basketball 

22 minutes ago, BGleas said:

The call was right, but it’s a stupid rule that it’s a flagrant foul. 

Edit: The point is, at least IMO, officiating is ruining colllege basketball 

Sounds like the NFL because the rules they are implementing are ruining the game.  In the Colts game today in the first quarter the Colts sacked the QB on 3rd down but was called for roughing the passer but it was a good clean hit.

8 hours ago, BGleas said:

For what it’s worth, Seth Davis has IU at 23 in his top 25. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/SethDavisHoops/status/1069415647812022272

I think we're right around the top 25-28 range so I don't think that's much of a reach. Purdue at 14? I don't think even a diehard homer can agree with that position. But it's so early. Teams come out of nowhere in February. Hopefully we'll be one. 

Archived