Around the B1G/NCAA

1 minute ago, rico said:

Let's see what they do at LSU...

It would be heart breaking if they run the table during the regular season and lose their conference championship game or something. That said I still see them losing a game or two...they've already been taken to OT by W Carolina.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, dgambill said:

It would be heart breaking if they run the table during the regular season and lose their conference championship game or something. That said I still see them losing a game or two...they've already been taken to OT by W Carolina.

East Tennessee St. is the team in conference that is gonna give the Paladins problems.  Or at least, I think they will.

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I would root for Purdue over UK every time unless it was for a National Championship.  Can't let them have one of those under any circumstances.

Hope UK gets blown out at home, on the road, or in a neutral sight... PU vs UK is tough, I would never root for injuries so maybe just a power outage so the game gets cancelled?  And PU can't get past the S16 under Painter so no need to worry about a possible Championship!!

And go Hawks and B10 tonight!

11 minutes ago, FWIUFan said:

Guess I'm the minority but glad PU beat MD.  With IU win Sat should assure we are in the top 25!

I’m with you. I root for the conference games based on what’s best for IU. It’s not that I was rooting for Purdue, I just didn’t want Maryland getting a good road win in conference.  

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I’m with you. I root for the conference games based on what’s best for IU. It’s not that I was rooting for Purdue, I just didn’t want Maryland getting a good road win in conference.  

I get you and it makes sense, I try to do that too but I'm just not mature enough!!  I think both teams showed some limitations tonight but also showed that it will take a complete game by IU to beat either of these teams.  B10 is tough this year, love it.

50 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Year 4. 2 first round exits. Full guaranteed contract until 2022-23. I know $ isn't an issue at Texas but certainly something to keep an eye on. 

They should have never let Barnes go. I think he is an underrated coach. Texas is tough...the attention football casts a large shadow over the program. If you can have a top 25 program with an elite 8 run every 3-4 years would be a huge accomplishment. I think they were better off before. Granted Barnes had kinda lost ground in the BIG12 to say Kansas St. and Iowa St. etc....but nobody has really been able to dethrone Kansas...and we know why $$. I just like how Barnes has built Tennessee...tough nosed coach.

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

They should have never let Barnes go. I think he is an underrated coach. Texas is tough...the attention football casts a large shadow over the program. If you can have a top 25 program with an elite 8 run every 3-4 years would be a huge accomplishment. I think they were better off before. Granted Barnes had kinda lost ground in the BIG12 to say Kansas St. and Iowa St. etc....but nobody has really been able to dethrone Kansas...and we know why $$. I just like how Barnes has built Tennessee...tough nosed coach.

I agree.  Barnes is a dang fine coach.  Poor decision on the Longhorns part.

Archived