Around the B1G/NCAA

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Was BC right to bail on this game?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/texas-a-m-perplexed-when-boston-college-doesnt-travel-to-game-due-to-rain-forcing-its-cancellation/

I have a feeling that if it was a game in which they were heavily favored to win, they would have found a way to play.  Have to think they saw this as an opportunity to keep a likely 'L' off their record.

That is quite odd.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Was BC right to bail on this game?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/texas-a-m-perplexed-when-boston-college-doesnt-travel-to-game-due-to-rain-forcing-its-cancellation/

I have a feeling that if it was a game in which they were heavily favored to win, they would have found a way to play.  Have to think they saw this as an opportunity to keep a likely 'L' off their record.

My question is, why does this result in a cancellation instead of a forfeit? That was a lame excuse from BC. Pilots land planes in bad weather all the time. And was the runway really going to dry off that much in 2 hours?

11 hours ago, PoHoosier said:

UCLA survives on Wilkes' game winner.

I literally had to turn this game off halfway through the first half. Bill Walton is the ABSOLUTE WORST most BIASED announcer ever. Period. It was like if Fischer was doing a game on espn. Except  more biased. I can't even imagine someone who isn't a UCLA fan wanting to watch a game he announces. 

15 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

I literally had to turn this game off halfway through the first half. Bill Walton is the ABSOLUTE WORST most BIASED announcer ever. Period. It was like if Fischer was doing a game on espn. Except  more biased. I can't even imagine someone who isn't a UCLA fan wanting to watch a game he announces. 

Did Bill smoke his dinner again?

15 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

LOL, now that is something I'd like to see.

Man imagine if Wilkes had committed to IU???

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I rarely go to other sites. Had to take a peak at Rafters this morning. Wow. Truly some very  unhappy people out there. 33 McD's players, 26 first round picks, 4 Final 4's and the program apparently is being run into the ground. Newsflash UK fans. When you bring in 5 or 6 new kids every year....it might require some patience. If you don't like the model....fire your coach. 

I've said this before and I haven't wavered: the Calipari/UK machine peaked in 2015. He isn't getting the best recruits anymore, and people are realizing he isn't the one-and-done first round draft pick ticket he was made out to be.

Several years ago, I read a post on Rupp Rafters from a supposed insider saying he would coach there until his son finished college. His son is a junior on the team right now. Calipari turns 60 in February. Combine this with a quote from him once saying he didn't see himself coaching there for more than 10 seasons, and I think the Calipari era might be ending sooner instead of later.

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

My question is, why does this result in a cancellation instead of a forfeit? That was a lame excuse from BC. Pilots land planes in bad weather all the time. And was the runway really going to dry off that much in 2 hours?

I happen to live about 75 miles from KCLL and also work in the aviation field. No way the weather was an excuse for them to not fly in here.

Don't know the numbers on how many did land at KCLL yesterday, but I can get them tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I happen to live about 75 miles from KCLL and also work in the aviation field. No way the weather was an excuse for them to not fly in here.

Don't know the numbers on how many did land at KCLL yesterday, but I can get them tomorrow.

Hell, it just occurred to me.  The Bush funeral?  Didn't he get buried in College Station?

1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

The spread isn’t going to be more than two points either way. Both espn and KenPom have it as a coin flip. 

I'm not a Vegas bookie, but if we win by less than 15 I;ll be surprised.  If we somehow lose, I'll take one of my exes on a double date with Blue and his cousin/sister/niece and even pick up the check.

Butler is my second favorite team in the state behind IU. I even worked at BU for a year and really became enamored with the campus, the people, students, and just generally the way they do things. That said, I hope we stomp them by 20 this year. I'm kind of sick of the "Butler Way" as some mythical thing. It's not. Please, IU, kill Butler this year. 

Maybe it is time to start a IU-Butler pre-game thread.  Already seems to be a ton of interest already in a game that is just under a week away.

In other BIG/NCAA news.  PU is just a 1 and half point favorite over Texas.  Game starts in 15 minutes on ESPNU..

HOOK "EM, HORNS !

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm not a Vegas bookie, but if we win by less than 15 I;ll be surprised.  If we somehow lose, I'll take one of my exes on a double date with Blue and his cousin/sister/niece and even pick up the check.

I think they beat Florida and Ole Miss handily.  On paper they're probably better than PSU and maybe NW both whom we squeaked by.  Could be a good game.  We clearly have the much superior roster though.

Archived