Around the B1G/NCAA

50 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Vols take down the Zags

P.S. Tennessee, you're trying to steal the candystripes, but yours look like some ridiculous Dreamsickle

P.S.S I think the Gonzaga coaching staff has a freebie agreement with Supercuts

GBO..I'm a big Tennessee football fan.Also glad the vol bball team took down the zags today. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm not a Vegas bookie, but if we win by less than 15 I;ll be surprised.  If we somehow lose, I'll take one of my exes on a double date with Blue and his cousin/sister/niece and even pick up the check.

These types of unrealistic expectations are why people get mad about close wins. 

13 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Mixed emotions. Hate even considering rooting for Purdue. However, want the B1G conference to be ranked highly and a win by PU will help SOS down the road.

Like I said.... it’s a conundrum 

You sacrifice sos. Never root for purdue

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I'm not a Vegas bookie, but if we win by less than 15 I;ll be surprised.  If we somehow lose, I'll take one of my exes on a double date with Blue and his cousin/sister/niece and even pick up the check.

I would think you will be surprised then because Butler rarely gets blown out.  Also even though we are winning we are not blowing teams out so I would bet that this game will be close as well.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I read a slew of comments just like this on various IU boards before both the Arkansas and Louisville games.

You are not going to hear anything bad,  from me about Carson Edwards.  Great kid. Great scorer.  And it was great for his family and friends to see him go for 40 in his home state, as well.

But here is the problem. As far as I see it.   And the problem is when a team depends too much on one guy to bring home the bacon.  All it took was Texas to trap Edwards, at the very crunch time of the game.  And all Carson had left was to pass the ball out of the trap to an inexperienced team mate.  And as we saw, that just did not work.... on both ends of the trap.

Now.... the other day, in one of the Louisville threads.... we has a very valued Hoosier Sports Nation member predicting Romeo would go for 30.  And, IMHO... that would have been good.  Only...if... it were a one off. 

As opposed, I don't want IU to become dependent upon any one individual.... as it appears Purdue has become on Edwards.

Instead, what we have is a team headed by the mad scientist, Archie.... who is giving nearly every one of his supporting players enough game time experience to know how, and be able to execute when one of our main players gets trapped at crunch time. Or even better..... perform when it gets time to do so.

9 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

You are not going to hear anything bad,  from me about Carson Edwards.  Great kid. Great scorer.  And it was great for his family and friends to see him go for 40 in his home state, as well.

But here is the problem. As far as I see it.   And the problem is when a team depends too much on one guy to bring home the bacon.  All it took was Texas to trap Edwards, at the very crunch time of the game.  And all Carson had left was to pass the ball out of the trap to an inexperienced team mate.  And as we saw, that just did not work.... on both ends of the trap.

Now.... the other day, in one of the Louisville threads.... we has a very valued Hoosier Sports Nation member predicting Romeo would go for 30.  And, IMHO... that would have been good.  Only...if... it were a one off. 

As opposed, I don't want IU to become dependent upon any one individual.... as it appears Purdue has become on Edwards.

Instead, what we have is a team headed by the mad scientist, Archie.... who is giving nearly every one of his supporting players enough game time experience to know how, and be able to execute when one of our main players gets trapped at crunch time. Or even better..... perform when it gets time to do so.

Good post, but their cupboard is bare.  All they got is Edwards.  Not his fault.

Just now, rico said:

Good post, but their cupboard is bare.  All they got is Edwards.  Not his fault.

Thanks for saying it was a good post.  Much appreciated.

However, that is why a school has a coach.  Develop the cupboard.  Give them the opportunity to learn, fail, and win on their own... instead of relying on one stud.

And... once again.... that is what I believe we have in "The Mad Scientist".  He's testing all kinds of combinations....all the while each and every one of them is gaining valuable game time experience.... and perhaps even more importantly....game time confidence. 

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks for saying it was a good post.  Much appreciated.

However, that is why a school has a coach.  Develop the cupboard.  Give them the opportunity to learn, fail, and win on their own... instead of relying on one stud.

And... once again.... that is what I believe we have in "The Mad Scientist".  He's testing all kinds of combinations....all the while each and every one of them is gaining valuable game time experience.... and perhaps even more importantly....game time confidence. 

When something like this happens I always think about Digger Phelps and the great Notre Dame teams he had.........and then there was just John Paxson.

3 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

These types of unrealistic expectations are why people get mad about close wins. 

I never get mad about a win.  But you're right, that's probably unreasonable.  But, we are the better team, and it is a neutral court.  So, I'm not seeing how Butler would be favored.

Archived