Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Love it.

Did you realize the toothbrush was invented in Kentucky? Had it been anywhere else it would have been called a teeth brush!!

Kentucky fan "How do you get your teeth so white?"

Me  "What's it matter to you, you ain't got any."

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

His herpe lip looks to be clearing up. 

When I see him, it always reminds me of my favorite Kentucky joke...

What's the last thing a Kentucky girl says before she loses her virginity?

"Get off me Pa, yer crushin my smokes."

The jokes I heard went:

After a Kentucky girl slept with her brother she said

"You're better than daddy"

The brother bragged back

"That's what mom told me too"

I know there is not much interest in Colorado from our great IU fans on HSN.  Understandably so.  However, in this week of dearth of college basketball games, primarily due to finals week, the Buff gave us an early Christmas treat, that was broadcast on ESPN. By traveling to "The Pit", in New Mexico, tonight, Dec 11.  And what a treat it was !  Colorado came back from two double digit deficits, to defeat the Lobos.... and run their record to 8-1, for the season.

And McKinley Wright was a shining light, once again.

Colorado's McKinley Wright IV: Secret is out, sophomore leap is coming

Which leads me back to when I asked the question on HSN :

❚❚ Why didn't Archie go after McKinley Wright ? - General Basketball Discussion - Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

This loss could send 'Nova to a rather steep drop in the polls next week, much in the way Kentucky tumbled 8 or 9 spots after their loss to Seton Hall.. One would think this is even more damaging than falling to another Power 5 opponent in OT. Finals week or not. 

Unless/until each flip the script in their respective conferences as the year progresses, the only word for them will be overrated. 

Between the two (Nova and pUKe) , which do you all think stands a better chance of solving their current/recent issues?   

3 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

This loss could send 'Nova to a rather steep drop in the polls next week, much in the way Kentucky tumbled 8 or 9 spots after their loss to Seton Hall.. One would think this is even more damaging than falling to another Power 5 opponent in OT. Finals week or not. 

Unless/until each flip the script in their respective conferences as the year progresses, the only word for them will be overrated. 

Between the two (Nova and pUKe) , which do you all think stands a better chance of solving their current/recent issues?   

Interesting question.  My heart tells me Nova...but my head ain't so sure.

That's why I asked too, but 1/2 of that is still more than I have settled.  That's a real tough call when each program has it's own learning curve with their respective system, as well as each kid progressing/developing differently as individuals.    I'm not going to sit here and say NIT or anything silly in December,, but it's only going to get tougher for both.  I already have visions of Kentucky taking multiple huge SEC beatings dancing in my head. Can't deny in the same thought somehow beating UNC totally changes everything about my perception of them should the Mildcats pull it off. 

16 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

That's why I asked too, but 1/2 of that is still more than I have settled.  That's a real tough call when each program has it's own learning curve with their respective system, as well as each kid progressing/developing differently as individuals.    I'm not going to sit here and say NIT or anything silly in December,, but it's only going to get tougher for both.  I already have visions of Kentucky taking multiple huge SEC beatings dancing in my head. Can't deny in the same thought somehow beating UNC totally changes everything about my perception of them should the Mildcats pull it off. 

I do believe UK has Louisville, UNC, and Kansas on their schedule.  And the UK fans that I know well and trust tell me that they are in trouble in conference.

1 hour ago, rico said:

I do believe UK has Louisville, UNC, and Kansas on their schedule.  And the UK fans that I know well and trust tell me that they are in trouble in conference.

I'm just amazed...seven McDonalds All-Americans and they look like crap.

...but trust me...I don't mind seeing Cal's smoke & mirror show finally getting exposed.

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm just amazed...seven McDonalds All-Americans and they look like crap.

...but trust me...I don't mind seeing Cal's smoke & mirror show finally getting exposed.

LOL, I know you go to the Purdue sites for amusement.....check out the UK ones.  Just sayin'  LOL

Archived