Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's even more mind-boggling is that these guys have to know that Gary Parrish writes a weekly column for a national web-page based on stupidity when filling out a ballot.  Even if I otherwise didn't care, I would take every step necessary to make sure I didn't up being the butt of his joke.   

11 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

We discussed it when it happened but when BU said yes to Ayo and no to THT he lost a ton of credibility. Not only is Simeon off limits for BU but tons of coaches aren't interested in BU or Illinois at all because of how they handled it. Problem I have is even a blind squirrel is eventually going to find a nut. I mean how many bad hires can a university and athletic department make and we can as opposing fans get away with?

Keep BU exactly where he's at. 

Edit-Just like with any article out of a Chicago newspaper. You have to take with grain of salt. So many agendas...and the Sun Times isn't necessarily known for being fair or even nice with their coverage of U of I. With that said...not a good look at all. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

We discussed it when it happened but when BU said yes to Ayo and no to THT he lost a ton of credibility. Not only is Simeon off limits for BU but tons of coaches aren't interested in BU or Illinois at all because of how they handled it. Problem I have is even a blind squirrel is eventually going to find a nut. I mean how many bad hires can a university and athletic department make and we can as opposing fans get away with?

Keep BU exactly where he's at. 

Edit-Just like with any article out of a Chicago newspaper. You have to take with grain of salt. So many agendas...and the Sun Times isn't necessarily known for being fair or even nice with their coverage of U of I. With that said...not a good look at all. 

It's not just the Sun Times throwing shade Underwood's way.

Even in a field of hot-tempered coaches, Underwood's sideline explosions stand out.

17 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

It's not just the Sun Times throwing shade Underwood's way.

Even in a field of hot-tempered coaches, Underwood's sideline explosions stand out.

I think it's covered in the article but he can like that all day long if he's winning. Growing up surrounded by Illini fans I can tell you they think he's a joke when he explodes. And in the world we live in now....it doesn't help recruiting one bit. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think it's covered in the article but he can like that all day long if he's winning. Growing up surrounded by Illini fans I can tell you they think he's a joke when he explodes. And in the world we live in now....it doesn't help recruiting one bit. 

Back up the bus......are you telling me that there are Illini fans?  If there are, why ain't they rioting?  Because I would with the product they have been putting on the floor and on the field.

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Back up the bus......are you telling me that there are Illini fans?  If there are, why ain't they rioting?  Because I would with the product they have been putting on the floor and on the field.

Grew up with a dozen or so now alumni. Only 1 still cares. The others could care less. Some of their allegiances have flipped to Sconny or Northwestern. 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Grew up with a dozen or so now alumni. Only 1 still cares. The others could care less. Some of their allegiances have flipped to Sconny or Northwestern. 

Yeah, I got a fishing buddy that is a UI grad.  He follows NW now himself.  He is disgusted at his alma mater.

16 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks so much for that link. In terms of Underwood. I think it is only a matter of time.  Less time than it took for Groce, and especially Weber. The "Angry guy" is burying himself a deep hole among the "Orange Nation".... based on what I have been reading.  Ton's of transfers last season.  And it's looking like more to come this season as well.

B6u5cDvnObMREQPzCZrwtZMxQ2zDViLV2nsLnrsi

I have a friend who is a varsity coach across the river in Kentucky.  He attended a coaching clinic at UI earlier this season and got to sit in on one of their practices.  He was texting me from the practice with a less than impressive review of both team and coach.  

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I don't normally pull for Syracuse. But when I do, it is against an undefeated #14 Buffalo team.

Game about to start on ESPN. 

I wouldn't be worried about Buffalo finishing the entire year undefeated with a championship.  The hell with the Orange.

29 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

With a few seconds left in the half OSU down five to Youngstown? Now 3 still only 22 pts in the half OSU? I Thought people were saying Holtmann was like the next coming of ……?

WOW genius, how about we run our offense through the frontline that out ways Youngstown about 2 to 1. Where was that genius in the first half? 

Archived