Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Butler looking terrible at home.

I can only imagine it might take awhile to get over that loss. I feel for them. Tough way to lose a game you had in control for like 36 mins. I think they will bounce back but understandable they come out flat next game after the intensity and let down if that game.

1 minute ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Buffalo wins the Battle for New York....

Beating the Orangemen on their home court no less. Could Buffalo be this years' "Cinderella" team??

St. John's might have something to say about New York.

Buffalo is not flying in under the radar.  

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I think we saw a couple examples last night of what might happen with us during finals week, getaway week. Both Butler and Ohio St were down....and needed strong second half to pull away. No clue what it is besides attention and focus this week is really, really difficult.

No finals week is more stressful than that at UK, where the players have to worry about whether the student taking their final exams for them are adequately prepared.

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

You at who we are dealing with not sure they are the sharpest "tools" in the shed

I thought all UK basketball players were required to take the "How to Hide Your Money" class in their first semester.  But you are prolly right.  Nobody attended the class.

7 hours ago, 5fouls said:

No finals week is more stressful than that at UK, where the players have to worry about whether the student taking their final exams for them are adequately prepared.

Well they have grad transfer Reid Travis from Stanford this year...so should be a breeze. I'm sure UKs classes are pretty similar to the UNC electives lol. He probably laughs at their exams.

10 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm not sure Alford makes it to the end of the season...just a God-awful job he's doing.

After UCLA fires him, where does Stevie Mediocre land and stick?

And to think a section of the fan base actually wanted this guy?? Anyone with any sense could tell the guy just flat out does not produce at the level he should based on the talent he brings in. Similar feel to Crean, but would have been a clear downgrade from Crean in my opinion. Would have buried IU for another decade...or longer 

Just now, ArchieBall13 said:

And to think a section of the fan base actually wanted this guy?? Anyone with any sense could tell the guy just flat out does not produce at the level he should based on the talent he brings in. Similar feel to Crean, but would have been a clear downgrade from Crean in my opinion. Would have buried IU for another decade...or longer 

I agree...Crean got more from his talent that Alford does.  I'm struggling to think of a power 5 coach who gets less from his available talent.

Alford was a great player, has had some success as a coach. He'll have several to choose from. Problem is he either guess wrong on some of the talent he recruited or players just aren't buying what he's selling. Usually a combination of both. Here's a program that would be idiotic to pass up on Alford. Depaul. I'm sure Coach SS would be happy. Haha.

Alford might just want to take a year off. Do the rounds. Take a timeout.

Archived