Around the B1G/NCAA

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Kinda crazy...given the tremendous HS basketball talent in that state why can't they find someone to lock down the borders? Is it that the Chicago/St. Louis areas are too corrupt to lock down kids without playing the game or is it the program just doesn't have the prestige? I mean I know it isn't a blue blood like Kansas and I don't live in the state to understand the dynamics of things but on the surface there is no reason they shouldn't be like an Ohio St or Wisconsin. Hard to understand why they aren't more competitive year in and year out....I mean clearly they have been in the past.

Chicago has always been pickings for every school.....including IU.  And there was a time when Keady had a pipeline to East Saint Louis.  Cuonzo is from there and now coaches Mizzou so I am sure he has that area locked down.  Me thinks the in-state kids don't care about UI.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, SteveS said:

I had something like that happen to me early in my career. Adobe Software wanted to hire me at about triple the salary, but I would have had to move to Scottsdale from Denver.  My first son had just been born and we had just gotten settled in our first house. My wife had just finally gotten a good job in her field (accounting at the time) and was not really keen on starting over again.  In the end I decided not to take the job and less than a year later Adobe restructured their entire sales organization and I would have been stuck in Scottsdale with no job and no contacts.  I was happy that I had not jumped at just getting more money.

Stuck in Scottsdale?  Stuck in Scottsdale?  People pass out in Denver from the cold and wake up thinking they are in heaven if they wake up in Scottsdale! 🙂  The only thing noteworthy in Denver is Milehi!  :panic:

34 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

Stuck in Scottsdale?  Stuck in Scottsdale?  People pass out in Denver from the cold and wake up thinking they are in heaven if they wake up in Scottsdale! 🙂  The only thing noteworthy in Denver is Milehi!  :panic:

Yeah .... well, I’m a mountain sports guy.  I like to be able to go climb a 14er on a whim if I want to.  I used to take the family camping every summer, I have a spot in the mountains we would go to, one hour from my house, where we could not see another living soul until we wanted to.  I’m hoping to make my first solo winter 14er climb this winter.  I just have to find a good 4 wheel drive truck to borrow.

1 hour ago, Colonialcrester said:

Thankyou for the kind words.

-----------------------------

And Steve S.  I can't recommend a winter 14er solo climb.  But if you do, I am sure you know to leave the base early, early in the morning... and I would also invest in an avalanche device.  One around $250 should suffice.

Best of luck on your quest. 

21 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Thankyou for the kind words.

-----------------------------

And Steve S.  I can't recommend a winter 14er solo climb.  But if you do, I am sure you know to leave the base early, early in the morning... and I would also invest in an avalanche device.  One around $250 should suffice.

Best of luck on your quest. 

Avalanche device? I can find a stick of dynamite for less than $250. 

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Avalanche device? I can find a stick of dynamite for less than $250. 

Dynamite is used by the Colorado Department of Transportation and ski resorts to break up potential avalanches . 

However for those trapped in an Avalanche, these save lives :

How to Use an Avalanche Beacon

$250.... cheap to save your life if ever caught in an avalanche.  Hardly a winter goes by that someone in Colorado does not lose their life to an avalanche.  Mostly the ones stupid enough to go off trail. 

Here is the rest of the ISU path to the title game : on Dec . 16 , in. a non bracketed game ISU lost at TCU 90-60 ! TCU is 10&1 ! Shocking loss for TCU to Lipscomb ?? Lipscomb has lost two games to Belmont THIS season and at Louisville , 72-68 ! TCU is loaded with SIZE ! TCU has to be a huge favorite in tonights game ,9pm ESPN-2 ! Upsets do happen ?

22 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I credit Boiler for being willing to show when Purdue has had a bad day but that one's going to stay with him awhile...🤣🤣🤣

I've gotten to know Boiler well over the years.  Amazing what one can learn about others, if they just reach out.  And I don't mind saying that I consider him to be a friend. One thing , I have always admired about Boiler is his willingness to appear on HSN, even when things don't go well for his favored team.

Next.. since reaching out to Boiler over the years.... I think you all would be surprised by his actual family connections, that he has with IU. 

In the end, I want to say, that not only do I respect Boiler, I respect him, in his fairness.  Far from a troll, he is respectful whenever he comes here.... and in most cases... it is IU fans who take issue with what he brings here.  For me... he will always be a welcome member of HSN.  He gives more, than he takes. 

I am sick of all the “love” Purdue is getting on this board.

Between Brohm being such a good coach, to Painter being good, to Boiler being this great guy...

Nauseating!

I cannot fathom how this can be an IU board, yet all these platitudes come for who is supposed to be our school’s arch rival. Give me a break. This board is not supposed to be open minded or fair when it comes to Purdue. Frankly, way too much conversation goes on about them here. Unless it’s to make fun of them, put them down, or discuss how we are going to, or just did beat them... they should be team non grata here. Any Purdue fan should be persona non grata here. 

I guess there are posters here who feel that they are the better person for welcoming Boiler, for treating Purdue with any respect. I am sure you would be treated just the same over on GBI once you make it known that you are a n IU fan.

I think that the best resolution is for the mods to make another forum dedicated to those that want to “play nice “ with Boiler, for those that think they need to “be fair “ in their comments about Purdue. In that way, you can feel good about yourselves while not polluting threads.

Oh trust me...Boiler is going to take some abuse for the "football season is not over" comment for awhile.  I have no problem giving him props for taking his medicine, but I'm still going to laugh at that comment for awhile given the embarrassing Toiletmaker performance today.

Archived