Around the B1G/NCAA

49 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I agree. Ranking in my hatred order is Purdue, Notre Dame, Kentucky, Illinois and IU fans who go to other teams message boards and criticize our own players just to gain acceptance on the site. 

Mostly with 6:

(Disdain)

1.  Kentucky

2.  Purdue

3.  Sparty 

4.  Wisky

5.  Duke

6.  Butler fans

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, 5fouls said:

What gets me about UK is how many people who grew up in Southern Indiana that root for the Cats.  At least with Purdue it could be a situation where a family member actually went to school there.  I know a lot of Purdue fans that are fans for that reason.  I know of no one that went to UK, yet they have fans all over Southern Indiana that were born and raised here.  It's disgusting.

Down here in southwestern Indiana, there is as much pUKe stuff as their is for IU!

A while back our local Cracker Barrel had both UK and IU apparel for sale.....

23 minutes ago, Fundamentals said:

Rico, tell me straight.  Are you a Purdue sympathizer?  Have a lover that only wears black and gold undergarments?  What?   And since tone doesn’t carry, just bustin’ rocks.  

I am just around a lot of Purdue grads.  And I can't help it.  You know what they say...You can pick your friends but you can't pick your family.  It is one of those things!  Oh and I own no Purdue clothing.  It is not allowed in my house.

I do enjoy some hating. The older I get the more I realize I just don't like many teams. 

NCAA (all sports)

1. Purdue

2. UK

3. Sconsin 

4. UL

5. MSU 

6. PSU

7. Duke

Honorable Mention: Butler, Norte Dame, ISU. I cheer for them some because they're in Indiana, but any amount of success for them gets old. 

NFL

1. Patriots

2. Packers

48 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I actually like Pat Chambers.  If he had a bunch of talent he'd impress.  When he gets fired we should bring him on.  He has spunk.  Lol.

He's a better coach than Alford...gets more from his available talent, but then a lot of D1 coaches do...

I guess it’s who annoys you the most. In southern Indiana there are few Purdue fans and even the rest for what I have experienced have no quarrells who is the more successful program. UK...well I can go on for pages about the arrogance and the hypocrisy with their cheating etc. plus the lack of knowledge for the game....it is sad the success is wasted on people who aren’t smart enough to appreciate it. Besides PU has never stopped us from anything...UK...well if 75 isn’t enough there are enough other reasons to not like them.

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

I guess it’s who annoys you the most. In southern Indiana there are few Purdue fans and even the rest for what I have experienced have no quarrells who is the more successful program. UK...well I can go on for pages about the arrogance and the hypocrisy with their cheating etc. plus the lack of knowledge for the game....it is sad the success is wasted on people who aren’t smart enough to appreciate it. Besides PU has never stopped us from anything...UK...well if 75 isn’t enough there are enough other reasons to not like them.

Actually Purdue has...I still have nightmares about the '80 NCAAT game against them.  The Boilers went on to the FF, and we went home.  That '80 team we had was good enough to bring home a title.  Just sayin'  And I still hate Kentucky.

Anyone else read the piece about Kyle Guy and his anxiety,etc....pretty well done. Maybe getting out of town was the best thing for him because if he thinks/thought the spotlight is big for Virginia hoops what would happen at IU? 

We discuss it here and there but to me it takes a very special, tough minded kid to sign up for IU. Yes...tons of perks that last a lifetime for IU players but it can get pretty intense when every single play of each game is getting criticized. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Anyone else read the piece about Kyle Guy and his anxiety,etc....pretty well done. Maybe getting out of town was the best thing for him because if he thinks/thought the spotlight is big for Virginia hoops what would happen at IU? 

We discuss it here and there but to me it takes a very special, tough minded kid to sign up for IU. Yes...tons of perks that last a lifetime for IU players but it can get pretty intense when every single play of each game is getting criticized. 

I heard somewhere that coaching at some schools (I think IU and UK were mentioned) takes a special person. They compared it to dating a girl with no other friends or hobbies. You are it. There are no breaks or down time. A lot of the buzz from football games is around what basketball recruits are there. 

Archived