Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Inequality said:

I was curious as to what Crean would have to say after such a blow out loss. 

Incase anyone else wants to watch, here is the link

Watched about the first 10 minutes of the game or so.   In fairness, Georgia was not permitted to defend without ticky-tack foul calls, which put one of their bigs on the bench within 3 minutes.  That had much to do with the early big lead, but didn’t see rest of game.  

Two areas that brought back bad memories.  Much like, for reasons I don’t understand, he tried to force Hollowell into playing point, he is now trying to turn Claxton, a 6’11 frosh, into a point guard.  Crean must have told this to the announcers, because they were talking about it.  Just why?  

Second, that press conference link shared by inequality?  Again, blames team.  At some point Tom, take a LONG look in the mirror.  Stubborn to a point of fault

5 hours ago, Muckraker said:

Does that make our win over NW look better, or our win over UI look worse?

Both home wins...but Northwestern has played most teams tough...even Michigan. We’ve won the games we should have won...and that’s an improvement at IU. That said to take that next step and put us squarely in top 15 we have to win our share of upsets until nobody is an upset anymore.

1 hour ago, HoosierJax said:

Kelvin Sampson's Houston cougers are 15-0,hated what he got IU in but he is a good coach...wonder if UCLA will give him a call

I’m thinking Musselman or Dixon. He is a good coach if not for his lack of discipline with his program...him and his players.

18 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I think it was recently mentioned that he did not want the big spotlight that comes with being from Indiana and playing for the Hoisiers.

I heard he was likely a lock if IU recruited him, Crean backed off. We were much better off with Newkirk anyway. GREAT recruiting philosophy.

:coffee:

Archived