Around the B1G/NCAA

7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Don't disagree with that. What I was trying to say is that even a bad administration will luck into a good hire on occasion.  Their overall record of hiring basketball coaches is poor and Pitino is probably the worst. I don't think Alford would be a homerun for them either but I could see them thinking he would. He'd likely be an improvement over Pitino who is once again squandering very good talent this year.

I will give you Pitino.  But their track record has been pretty good other than Ricky.  Think about it.  They have attracted young up and comers(Haskins, Monson), as well as a guy that won a championship(Tubby).  I think the problem lies with how Minnesota wants to define itself.  In my lifetime, every coach has had a winning record there(a few were crooked).  Not that bad of a gig or is it?  Are their expectations to high?  Regardless, everyone that goes there wins.  I guess just not enough.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, rico said:

I will give you Pitino.  But their track record has been pretty good other than Ricky.  Think about it.  They have attracted young up and comers(Haskins, Monson), as well as a guy that won a championship(Tubby).  I think the problem lies with how Minnesota wants to define itself.  In my lifetime, every coach has had a winning record there(a few were crooked).  Not that bad of a gig or is it?  Are their expectations to high?  Regardless, everyone that goes there wins.  I guess just not enough.

I'm sure Minny has some serious Badger envy

22 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am all for Marquette winning. 

IMHO.  And with all the respect for you.  They should have not have won.  Ref's add time to the clock. And from my perspective, even with the added time, the ball was still on Hauser's finger tips when the light on the backboard went off. Without the added time... he definitely does not get the ball off in time.

Great scoring game for Howard, regardless.  So from his perspective, at least that was not lost on a loss.

Switched between two great games tonight. Man, I love college basketball. 

Archived