Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Who?  I wonder if UT is regretting that Shaka hire.

They have beat Arkansas and North Carolina...it’s college basketball...kids show up some nights and don’t other nights. Should we regret hiring Archie??? I mean look at how we have played up and down this year.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

They have beat Arkansas and North Carolina...it’s college basketball...kids show up some nights and don’t other nights. Should we regret hiring Archie??? I mean look at how we have played up and down this year.

Add to it.  Just like Buffalo, Radford is a team I am going to be keeping an eye on.  You don't go into hostile environments and pull out two wins like they did.  Me thinks they are pretty damn good.

9 hours ago, dgambill said:

Too early to tell. I personally am a big fan of Archie, but have been less than thrilled with this season so far. I also understand our youth and injuries and the problems it has created. I don't think we have nearly enough data on Archie to know what we have. 

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Too early to tell. I personally am a big fan of Archie, but have been less than thrilled with this season so far. I also understand our youth and injuries and the problems it has created. I don't think we have nearly enough data on Archie to know what we have. 

I couldn’t have said this better myself — pretty much exactly where I’m at.  I’m one of the impatient millennials that wants to win at a high level right now... I’m also of the opinion that we need to strike while the iron is hot this season, as I’m not sure we’re going to have a duo as good as Juwan and Romeo for the foreseeable future.

But I’m slowly starting to come to terms with the fact that we’re probably just going to have to be patient, as much as I may not like it.  Archie is absolutely killing it in recruiting, which is the most important thing.  And it’s looking like it’s just going to take time for the players to get comfortable with Archie’s style of play, on both offense and defense.  Been kind of frustrating to watch thus far, but will hopefully pay off down the road.

Carson stuck on 17 points on 18 shots with four turnovers.  Painter sat him for awhile and just now brought him back in.  Turdue still down 15...Cline the only Toiletmaker shooting well.  Michigan in a scoring funk with no FGs over the last 6+ minutes or it would be a blowout.

Michigan gave the blueprint for beating Purdue...keep a hang in Carson Edwards' face.  Finished with 19 points on 7-21 shooting and made 5 turnovers.  Painter took him out several times and he ended the last several minutes on the bench.  Kid is pressing and trying to do too much and it shows.  He's getting exposed as quick and athletic, but too short to be effective against longer teams who play sound defense.  Efficiency as many predicted, will be a problem for Carson this season.  On the positive side, he could teach IU's players how to sink free throws.

Archived