Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Inequality said:

Yeah. Tech is currently having their way with Dicky V’s Dookies. I’m surprised Coach K hasn’t been all over the officials. I lost count of the charge calls.

And Dickie V, saying Pitino to Greece is NOT a done deal ...during the game.

Who to believe ?   Who to believe ?

3 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Those should both be good games. Think Buff can take down Marq at Marq? I don't know enough about that Buff team yet.

I have been keeping an eye on Buffalo.  They are road tested with wins at West Virginia and at Syracuse.  They also have a win over San Francisco, that has a pretty good team.  However, I haven't seen them play.  If I was a betting man, my money would be on Marquette.  They are more battle tested.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

I have been keeping an eye on Buffalo.  They are road tested with wins at West Virginia and at Syracuse.  They also have a win over San Francisco, that has a pretty good team.  However, I haven't seen them play.  If I was a betting man, my money would be on Marquette.  They are more battle tested.

Cool, sounds like a good game to watch

35 minutes ago, rico said:

Watched most of that Syracuse game...they had some issues with Syracuse's length but they are very tough nosed team. Pretty athletic for a mid-major team. That said if Marquette has a decent shooting night...I can't see them beating them. I didn't see anyone that could guard Howard. Syracuse will be on the bubble (and get in as usual)...Marquette is a solid 5 seed imo...a much tougher test. Should be a good game but I think Marquette's 3pt shooting is the difference.

16 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Been trying to understand Duke TT, just heard the 1-15 shooting on 3's! Now the score makes sense!

Yes....the formula to beat Duke is take care of the basketball....low turnovers (can't can't let them out in transition)...force them to take jumpers...rebound...spread the floor and try to beat them with penetration with quicker guards vs their taller guards.....lot's of action...keep moving...screens..back cuts...they get lazy on defense as most freshman do. Doesn't mean you will beat them of course...you have to have a lot of talent and you have to hope they don't shoot a high percentage. I think Duke on the road is beatable...at home...probably won't drop a game in the ACC. Texas Tech is a good team. They will challenge Kansas in the BIG12. We saw what they did to Purdue last year (even with Haas they couldn't guard them). Talented team to watch come March.

38 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Curtis Jones finished with 23 and was their leading scorer. 

I'm glad for CuJo.  Sounds like he's on a mediocre power 5 team but at least he has a chance to shine and show his stuff.  I hope he has a great career there as long as he's 0 - career against IU.

Archived