Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably the holiday break/coming out flat, but UM looked totally beatable on their home court today. I mean, I get that it takes teams some time to get back into a groove, and they ended up putting it together in the 2nd half, but Binghamton? I'm just praying that we don't come out like that against IL, which is still 4 days away. That's a long time off. Good for getting our injured guys healthy. Not so much with momentum and rhythm. 

On 12/30/2018 at 4:42 PM, dbmhoosier said:

They are well coached with little talent at least compared to ours.

Looked at the players who played in the IU-Butler game and their ESPN recruiting rankings. Not that much difference. Nothing against Butler, but their reputation as the plucky upstart that punches above its weight hasn't been true for a number of years. They've accumulated quite a bit of talent in recent years.

Butler: 5 - 4 stars, 3 - 3 stars, 1- NR

IU: 1 - 5 star, 5 - 4 stars, 2 - 3 stars, 1 - NR

3 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Looked at the players who played in the IU-Butler game and their ESPN recruiting rankings. Not that much difference. Nothing against Butler, but their reputation as the plucky upstart that punches above its weight hasn't been true for a number of years. They've accumulated quite a bit of talent in recent years.

We had the two best players on the court by a country mile.

40 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

We had the two best players on the court by a country mile.

That's called talent development. I haven't looked but I doubt Juwan was more than a very low 4 star.  I won't argue Romeo has the most natural talent but there are players on Butler's squad with more natural talent than Juwan.  He's just very savvy and has developed well.

47 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Thanks for doing the research. I suspected that but hadn't the time to research it. Brunk was a player IU recruited and he doesn't even start.

Archived