Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Northwestern proving what I have been saying about IU's depth, and versatility... in reverse.  Three Wildcats get into foul trouble in the first half. Coach Collins, having to play guys with limited game time experience.... and basically no one with point guard ability.  

Watching Nevada and I am convinced they will be undefeated going into the NCAA tournament.  It got me thinking about the following scenario.

Assume the Final Four is....

• An undefeated Nevada team
  • An undefeated Houston team (coached by Kelvin Sampson}
  • UK
  • Purdue

Who you got?

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Watching Nevada and I am convinced they will be undefeated going into the NCAA tournament.  It got me thinking about the following scenario.

• UK
  • Purdue

Who you got?

Nevada!!!!!!

31 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

• UK
  • Purdue

Who you got?

Fun hypothetical.  In this case, I will cross that bridge when I get there.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

• UK
  • Purdue

Who you got?

Purdue in the Final Four?  Can you double check your hypothetical. That doesn’t seem right

6 hours ago, rico said:

Nevada!!!!!!

Thank you Rico, for taking a stance.  

I've always told people that the only time I would root for UK would be if they were playing Purdue in the Championship game (can't let the Boilers have one under any circumstances).  However, after laying out this scenario, I think I would have to also pick UK over any undefeated team in the final four as well.  The sanctity of the undefeated season reigns supreme with me.  

By the same token, if UK were playing an undefeated Nevada in the Sweet 16, or Elite 8, I would 100% root for Nevada, with the hopes that someone else would knock them out later in the tournament.  

9 hours ago, 5fouls said:

• UK
  • Purdue

Who you got?

Nevada because it is not like we are the only undefeated of all time just the last

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

C'mon guys.  Yes, it's hypothetical, but don't cop out.  Everyone has an answer that will churn their stomach.  Share it with us.   

Nevada or UK. Not sure. UK already has more than us so not that big a deal. I’d probably have to be watching the game to know who I would root for. 

Sorta like I thought I was a Colts fan until they played the Manning broncos and I realized I was hoping the broncos won. 

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

C'mon guys.  Yes, it's hypothetical, but don't cop out.  Everyone has an answer that will churn their stomach.  Share it with us.   

UK for me and it is extremely easy. Never want Purdue to have one and want IU to be the last team with an unbeaten season. UK already has more championships, who cares about one more.

48 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

According to ESPN Purdue is a 10 pt favorite over Iowa with a 75% chance of victory.  That surprises me.

That is why I never completely believe in metrics.  But I would have a Purdue as the favorite in the game.

Archived