Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get the hate for Purdue. They are an Indiana school and I still have plenty of friends that are Purdue fans. I don't want to listen to the UK people down here but I don't get rooting against a team unless they play us or hurt our chances. You guys spend too much time on forum boards if you are letting the crazies over at the Gold & Black board influence you. Lot's of good Indiana folk that root for Purdue out there and if we can't win it..I'm fine with them winning it. Bring a title home to the Hoosier state. Of course I would rather us win it but I have no problem seeing ND, Purdue, or Butler have success....as long as it isn't at our expense.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don't get the hate for Purdue. They are an Indiana school and I still have plenty of friends that are Purdue fans. I don't want to listen to the UK people down here but I don't get rooting against a team unless they play us or hurt our chances. You guys spend too much time on forum boards if you are letting the crazies over at the Gold & Black board influence you. Lot's of good Indiana folk that root for Purdue out there and if we can't win it..I'm fine with them winning it. Bring a title home to the Hoosier state. Of course I would rather us win it but I have no problem seeing ND, Purdue, or Butler have success....as long as it isn't at our expense.

I'm sure it has a lot to do with what kind of Purdue fans you run into.  My own nephew was smack-talking me last year, so it's good to see him a tad more humble (although still plenty delusional) this year.  I understand where you are coming from if you know a bunch of Purdue fans who are good people.  Personally, I run into far too many cocky idiots, so I have no problem enjoying seeing them down this year.  I got tired to hearing how Carson Edwards was going to be the NPOY and Purdue was doing to sweep IU and challenge again for the league championship.

31 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Rivalries—

UK- Louisville

UNC-Duke 

Ohio St-Michigan 

Auburn-Alabama

USC-UCLA

BYU-Utah

All either in the same stat or adjoining states

Bitter rivals,all. It’s what makes being a fan fun. IU-PU no different. 

I know Purdue fans and call some my friends. They know where I stand and I know where they stand. Like the person. Don’t care for their allegiances. Don’t ever want them to have a one up on me when it comes to the rivalry 

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Rivalries—

UK- Louisville

UNC-Duke 

Ohio St-Michigan 

Auburn-Alabama

USC-UCLA

BYU-Utah

All either in the same stat or adjoining states

Bitter rivals,all. It’s what makes being a fan fun. IU-PU no different. 

I know Purdue fans and call some my friends. They know where I stand and I know where they stand. Like the person. Don’t care for their allegiances. Don’t ever want them to have a one up on me when it comes to the rivalry 

I get that...when we play each other..but when we aren't involved that isn't getting one up. My IU fandom has ZERO to do with Purdue....I've never had animosity towards them except when we play. I guess I could understand it if they have something that I want or we are battling it out for our place in the pecking order. UK...I get it....they are an elite program that has multiple NCs and great teams. To not want to fall behind them I get it.....I've not met too many Purdue fans that think they have a better program or history then IU. Maybe a better team from time to time but they know their place. UK...they are just entitled foolish fans...and most know diddly about basketball never even picking one up...at least in Indiana most of the people have at least played the game at some point in their life. But I understand if others have some annoying fans around them that like to poke the bear. Maybe it's a regional thing because growing up in IU country most PU fans are pretty well behaved in the south western part of the state...guess knowing they are on enemy territory lol.

50 minutes ago, dgambill said:

As I've stated before, I'm an alum of both IU an PU.  In fact, I would like to see PU have more success.  I would love for the IU/PU game to have the same national recognition as a Duke/UNC for instance.  I really am tired of the slobberfest the national media has for the ACC with Duke and UNC.  Same goes for UK..  Like you, I will take the Indiana school every time if IU is not involved.  But I could NEVER TOLERATE pUKe under ANY Circumstances!  

Archived