Around the B1G/NCAA

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Let me try to get my head around this.  Kansas goes on the road with JUST ONE player out due to injury.... while being ranked in the top 10, and drops the game.  While Indiana has been winning game after game... no excuses... with MULITPLE players unable to participate ? 

Difference being the level of competition. Can’t confuse Penn St or Northwestern with Iowa State.

Beat Michigan tomorrow and then your argument holds more water 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Difference being the level of competition. Can’t confuse Penn St or Northwestern with Iowa State.

Oh, I totally agree with you.Iowa State, is no slouch.   But still, after checking the Kansas boards.... it's as if the game was lost simply because of one injury. Not the multiple injuries that IU has suffered through, and looks to continue through the Michigan game.

6 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

They also lost to Az. State, who is below both Northwestern and Penn State in the Kenpom ratings.  Again...IU is winning the games they are supposed to and Kansas...is not.

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Iowa St got beat by 14 to Iowa. Let's not confuse things until we know what they are. 

The other day, I posted in one of the threads how, New Mexico, has tied in some way to IU, for decades. Former assistant coaches, and the flirtation with Coach Knight.  Inextricably, New Mexico gets tied to IU in a very satisfying way. By beating Nevada, and lessening Nevada's chances of having, at the least an undefeated regular season.

Way to go, Lobos !

17 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I think it was recently mentioned that he did not want the big spotlight that comes with being from Indiana and playing for the Hoisiers.

I think the main reason he did not come to IU is Crean.  It has been brought up before how his family was big IU people and that his dream was to play at IU.

I heard it was because of Crean, too.  I really enjoy watching the kid play yesterday.  He actually looks like he is enjoying playing the game.  Easy to cheer for a kid that plays with passion and isn't afraid, or too cool, to show it.

Side note: Kentucky lost to Alabama, so Kentucky will probably move up to the top ten in the polls. They looked terrible and hopefully they will stay that way.

Archived