Around the B1G/NCAA

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

T.V. Teddy on the call.... or should I say, non call.  We should all be thankful that the BIG banned Valentine for this season.

Remember, the BIG banned Valentine for two games, last season.... after Valentine  turned his back on and refused to talk to UNC's Joel Berry, who was asking for an explanation on a foul. 

Yes I do and he apologized for his conduct afterwards. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Coach1K said:

Yes I do and he apologized for his conduct afterwards. 

Well. I find it an interesting juxtaposition over the years.  T.V. Teddy, does nothing about Zion. Allowing the game to go on. And finds no foul.

Yet years earlier. Slaps Bobby Knight with a technical, for going onto the court for checking on an injured player.

Bob Knight ejected by Ted Valentine 

And later on Valentine wrote about his interactions with Knight, and defended himself, rather than apologizing.

Knight was a live wire at times, I admit.  Some say the chair was thrown at Valentine.

But today.. I am glad Valentine is not part of the BIG. 

I've seen white outs at Penn State that were tremendous.  However, the one against Michigan State was poorly timed. Many empty seats. Not all students back on campus. And against one of the top three teams in the BIG.  Should have saved a white out for ....when all students are on campus.... against a team they can throttle... like on Feb.23... against Illinois. 

10 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Michigan wins by 20. 

Not a Michigan fan and not the biggest Beilein fan either. I probably should like JB but something is there that I don't like. Not sure what it is. Anyway...kudos to him on his program. After winning only 2 tourney games in his first 4 years the school stuck with him and now he's as stable as any program in the Big 10. Last night after their win the players were discussing not the game and win but how the goal is to be peaking late March/early April. Like those types of comments.

9 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Well, Duke lost. Reddish didn't play and Jones got hurt early in the game. So #1 goes down.

Pitt beat #11 Florida State by 13.

Maryland is currently crushing Wisconsin by 18.

Very weird night in college hoops. It's almost like sometimes regardless of talent the kids don't show up. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Very weird night in college hoops. It's almost like sometimes regardless of talent the kids don't show up. 

As fans we really don't know what these kids are going through on a day to day basis.  watching the Journey Sunday night and seen what Ward from MSU was going through last year makes you remember these players are just kids and go through a lot that we don't know about.  Before last year Ward's mother got sick and had to have a lot of surgeries and it effected Ward to where he wasn't that interested in playing the game.  A lot of nights after practice he would drive the 4 or 5 hours to his home in Columbus Ohio to see his mother.  So as fans when we rip on the team likle last night we need to realize that they could be going through things more important than a game of basketball.

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

And that injuries (Reddish and Jones) really do impact things even if we get tired of hearing about it. 

Hmm....perspective for us? Nebraska was pretty heavily upper classman...they just made winning plays. I still think we are better than them and Maryland but sometimes kids just don't respond. I just hope for the sake of everyone posting in the make fun of Purdue thread that we win against them.....because a lot of smack was said...and currently...they may be playing just as good as us....for all the hate those gave them.

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

And that injuries (Reddish and Jones) really do impact things even if we get tired of hearing about it. 

Well Reddish wasn't hurt, he was sick.  Now Jones is a different story.  From what I read he is out indefinitely with a separated right shoulder.

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I haven't watched Georgia at all.  Do they have a prayer of beating the Cats at home tonight?  If there was anything Crean did well at IU it was to win big games at home.

I've watched a lot of Georgia this season. Only because of Crean.  Miracles do happen. However, it would take a miracle for Georgia to beat Kentucky, based on what I have seen so far. 

Just now, milehiiu said:

I've watched a lot of Georgia this season. Only because of Crean.  Miracles do happen. However, it would take a miracle for Georgia to beat Kentucky, based on what I have seen so far. 

I didn't think so.  I do know that they just beat Vandy by 20 and Vandy played UK very close at Rupp a few days ago.

4 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I didn't think so.  I do know that they just beat Vandy by 20 and Vandy played UK very close at Rupp a few days ago.

Georgia has won their last 3 home games. And so far is 7-1 at home this season.

Counter that with Kentucky has beaten Georgia for the last 11 consecutive times.

Archived