Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UK beat Auburn at Auburn and Tennessee barely hangs on to beat Alabama. Goes to show no one is safe if you don’t execute well and also yes....UK is growing. They have Final Four talent if the coach can bring it together. I think they handle Kansas by 10 at home next weekend. I heard Kansas was trying to get Desosa reinstated now with Azabuka out. If they manage to do that then NCAA has no sting and teams shouldn’t even worry about enforcement.

9 hours ago, ArchieBall13 said:

I'll be honest, seeing Rutgers beat Nebraska at home tonight is a bit tough to swallow. 

At least you got it down. I'm still staring at the score. Haven't even begun the process of thinking how to swallow a pill that big. For those asking. Comments on twitter and other platforms last night this morning are awesome. Miles has to be fired this morning,etc.....guess other fan bases need a morality lesson too. 

14 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Sparty ends Maryland’s streak. 

UNC beat Va Tech

Rutgers beats Nebraska 

MSU playing without Langford...that’s a scary team when he gets back. 

The thing about college basketball is any given night...I mean even elite teams on any given night can just show up unfocused and lay an egg...that said elite teams refocus and are super motivated to rectify that. Look at Purdue...they are a good team...not great but good. They have lost some games but bounced back..they don’t lose 3-4 straight. That just shouldn’t happen to us. We had Maryland on the ropes and layed an egg against Nebraska but to follow that up with another egg against Purdue....it’s a very young team is what I keep telling myself. If we lose a close game to Purdue that is one thing...but that second half effort just wasn’t there. NW is key. We don’t right the ship we might be NIT bound.

11 minutes ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

I seen a thread a couple weeks ago that mentioned him and figured i’d use the pic he used for his avatar for just that, a tribute.  Hopefully he’s alive and well, wherever he is.

Just noticed the avatar. Immediately brought back thoughts of GC.  Brings back good memories.  Very cool of you to do that.  Was never sure of the avatar he used before that one..... you know... the one of a baby smoking a cigarette.  If memory serves me correctly,he changed that avatar to the one you posted due to a request of mine via private message.....    Man, I miss that guy. 

Unfortunately , my beloved Hoosiers are not even going to be invited to play in either the post season CIT or the CBI Unless they finally figure out a better way to play offense and defense !! Unfortunately , a team as young as IU is. this year ( usually ) takes a year of playing experience together to post a good winning season !  We still have 12 more conference games to in order to start winning some games ??

Archived