Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

The guy we should've hired is currently taking Kelvin Sampson to woodshed. Best coach in college basketball IMO. 

I know you’ve been patient and are giving Archie time, but since you brought up Marshall (who I agree is a great coach) I think we all need to remember that we’re hopefully playing the long game with Archie. Archie is 38 (maybe 39?), Marshall has 15+ years on him. I know taking a job like IU is jumping into the big pool, but I really think Archie will be really good as he build the program and grows. 

33 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Watching the MSU-Maryland game, and MSU is the real deal this season.  This is the best roster they’ve had in years.  Stacked from top to bottom.

The Spartans wallop the Terps by 30! Won't be pretty when the Hoosiers play them. Is there a "mercy" rule??? And to think MSUs roster is mostly underclassmen.

11 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

The Spartans wallop the Terps by 30! Won't be pretty when the Hoosiers play them. Is there a "mercy" rule??? And to think MSUs roster is mostly underclassmen.

We should honestly just forfeit those games.  Those are losses before we even walk in the stadium.

4 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Reggie Lynch is out at Minnesota due to sexual assault case. Suspended from the school until 2020 I believe. 

Thanks Boiler for the heads up. Not sure if you are aware or not.  IU travels to Gopher land this weekend, where the Gophers will be....."Lynchless".

Here's a link :Gophers' Reggie Lynch suspended until 2020

Reggie is already 23 years of age. He will be 25, if and when he returns to action.  At that age, I was an IU graduate, and proudly serving my country during the Vietnam conflict. And according to the link.... not the first time for Lynch to be involved in a similar encounter.  Only difference is that in  today's "me too"  current environment.... he did not get off. 

McKinley Wright, who we spent a part of December, talking about Why didn't Archie go after McKinley Wright ? - General Basketball Discussion - Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

....powered through contact for a layup at the start of overtime.... and led Colorado to an upset of number four ranked Arizona State.... last night (1/4/18).  Wright finished by going 8 of 15 from the field and 3 of 4 from the line for a total of 19 points.  Wright's coach, Tad Boyle : "... the future of Colorado basketball with McKinley is bright."

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

McKinley Wright, who we spent a part of December, talking about Why didn't Archie go after McKinley Wright ? - General Basketball Discussion - Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

....powered through contact for a layup at the start of overtime.... and led Colorado to an upset of number four ranked Arizona State.... last night (1/4/18).  Wright finished by going 8 of 15 from the field and 3 of 4 from the line for a total of 19 points.  Wright's coach, Tad Boyle : "... the future of Colorado basketball with McKinley is bright."

Maybe Coach Miller thought he had quality guards on the roster and wouldn't be able to give him adequate playing time. Either way he screwed up by not bringing him with him. Our guards are only going to take us to the bottom of the Big 10. 

1 minute ago, jefftheref said:

Maybe Coach Miller thought he had quality guards on the roster and wouldn't be able to give him adequate playing time. Either way he screwed up by not bringing him with him. Our guards are only going to take us to the bottom of the Big 10. 

Discussed in the thread. As it turned out.....  McKinley would have liked to have come to IU.  It was more a matter of two guys testing the waters for the NBA, before moving on.... and McKinley not wanting to pass up an opportunity in the event they came back to IU.  Sure would have liked him as a Hoosier, but am enjoying the heck out of him as a Buff. 

44 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Since fantasy football and weekly NFL contests are done...I'm in a weekly NCAA pickem pool. Given your local knowledge Mile....thoughts on Colorado and Arizona this weekend?

Even though the game is in Boulder, I would have to go with Arizona.  But.... I never expected the Buffs to knock off AZ State.  LOL

Archived