Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

As much as I despise all things Illinois....hard to not be impressed with that showing considering they are expected to be 13th in our own conference.

I don't think they have that great of talent...but the effort has seem to be there so far this year. I wasn't too impressed with their loss to Georgetown the other day...but they definitely played hard.

17 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Rutgers up 31-4 on Eastern Michigan at the half. O.o

Did E. Michigan only play with like 3 players? I mean I think I could score at least 4 myself....I mean I might have to stay down on the offensive end but surely you could hit more than two shots?! I guess Duke broke their spirits after the chorus line of dunks from Zion??

I think the one thing people have to remember with college basketball is that these kids are young. If you are not a senior laden or a team with top flight talent like Duke etc then you are going to see some pretty big ups and downs. The best teams give consistent effort and show up home and road no matter what. There are always going to be some surprising outcomes....it's why I'm not going to get too worked up over the Arkansas loss. It shows we have a way to go to be consistent but it wasn't like we didn't fight back or show we have the talent to beat them. We are the better team that just didn't get it done with a young squad.

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Was Ted Valentine reffing? 🙂

When I saw the stat line (I can't be the only one) I immediately went to 92 vs Duke in F4 game where at one point Duke had a 38-9 free throw advantage vs us. Of course they called plenty fouls late to try and make  it appear even but by that time the game was already over. 

Archived