Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Not sure where the right thread is,so I’ll put this here. Some really good numbers so far for IU’s resume. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/DelphiBrackets/status/1071897686041944064

Also, both Rothstein and Seth Davis have IU in their top 25. 

That’s a relief. If Phinisee can keep improving and Smith continues figuring things out we should be a better team. Fingers crossed at least

19 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I don't know how many of you happened to see Brad Davidson's flagrant foul against Marquette, but it made me extra happy to see Wisconsin lose. I really liked Davidson's grit last year but after seeing this move, he's just another dirty Badger to me. I hope De'Ron Davis pancakes him on a screen this year...Karma...

Wow that’s as dirty as it gets. Something Grayson Allen would do. 

10 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks for saying it was a good post.  Much appreciated.

However, that is why a school has a coach.  Develop the cupboard.  Give them the opportunity to learn, fail, and win on their own... instead of relying on one stud.

And... once again.... that is what I believe we have in "The Mad Scientist".  He's testing all kinds of combinations....all the while each and every one of them is gaining valuable game time experience.... and perhaps even more importantly....game time confidence. 

Painter's been in charge for 14 years. It's on him regarding the cupboard.  Agree with you Mile. If I'm a Purdue fan I have to ask why does it take 3-4 years to have a good team. Assuming CE gets out of dodge and what talent they have there and what's coming....Purdue can see themselves in the bottom half of Big 10 real soon. 

29 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Painter's been in charge for 14 years. It's on him regarding the cupboard.  Agree with you Mile. If I'm a Purdue fan I have to ask why does it take 3-4 years to have a good team. Assuming CE gets out of dodge and what talent they have there and what's coming....Purdue can see themselves in the bottom half of Big 10 real soon. 

He's an okay coach but he can't recruit.  Someone on Gold & Black said that Archie Miller regularly recruits McDonald's All Americans while Matt Painter regularly eats at McDonald's.  Truer words have never been spoken.

6 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

He's an okay coach but he can't recruit.  Someone on Gold & Black said that Archie Miller regularly recruits McDonald's All Americans while Matt Painter regularly eats at McDonald's.  Truer words have never been spoken.

I noticed that yesterday while watching a little of the PU-Texas game. Ol Porkchop is about 1 Big Mac away from having to shop the Rick Majerus Collection at Lane Bryant.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

The cupboard is dang hard to fill when you lose 4 starters....heck it happened to us in the 76-77 season.

And it is happening to UK right now...ya just can't replace as easily as some think.  

Just now, rico said:

The cupboard is dang hard to fill when you lose 4 starters....heck it happened to us in the 76-77 season.

And it is happening to UK right now...ya just can't replace as easily as some think.  

Historically top 25 programs with a coach at the helm for a decade shouldn't be in the ups/downs that Purdue has had under Painter. Roster management and balance are a major component of a program. It falls on the coach if not prepared.

Players leave early but that's why you plan for it. We feel very confident that Romeo will leave...but Archie has 2 5 stars coming in after him and by all accounts still recruiting. That's after securing 4 star players in Damezi, Hunter, RP, Race,etc....

I like Painter. Seems fair and honest to me. But the lack of consistent recruiting as well as early exits from tourney eventually have to run it's course with fans. Unless they just want to be Illinois.

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Historically top 25 programs with a coach at the helm for a decade shouldn't be in the ups/downs that Purdue has had under Painter. Roster management and balance are a major component of a program. It falls on the coach if not prepared.

Players leave early but that's why you plan for it. We feel very confident that Romeo will leave...but Archie has 2 5 stars coming in after him and by all accounts still recruiting. That's after securing 4 star players in Damezi, Hunter, RP, Race,etc....

I like Painter. Seems fair and honest to me. But the lack of consistent recruiting as well as early exits from tourney eventually have to run it's course with fans. Unless they just want to be Illinois.

This is CMP's 14th season........in 13 years he has missed the NCAAT 3 times.  

20 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I happen to live about 75 miles from KCLL and also work in the aviation field. No way the weather was an excuse for them to not fly in here.

Don't know the numbers on how many did land at KCLL yesterday, but I can get them tomorrow.

KCLL had 356 ops from Friday through Sunday, including 96 on Saturday. 

20181210_082325.jpg

6 minutes ago, rico said:

This is CMP's 14th season........in 13 years he has missed the NCAAT 3 times.  

And he hasn't made the 2nd week of tourney 8x soon to be 9 or roughly 70-75% of the time. If the goal is to win some games, have a good to great team once every 4 years and fail miserably in tourney play more often than not.....Painter has perfected those expectations. 

Shoot people wanted Crean gone after Syracuse. After resurrecting the biggest dumpster fire in P5 history. 

15 hours ago, BEKA said:

Butler is my second favorite team in the state behind IU. I even worked at BU for a year and really became enamored with the campus, the people, students, and just generally the way they do things. That said, I hope we stomp them by 20 this year. I'm kind of sick of the "Butler Way" as some mythical thing. It's not. Please, IU, kill Butler this year. 

I can relate BEKA. I'm an IU undergrad, with a graduate degree from Butler. I respect the culture that Butler has created and admire Barry Collier as AD.

That said, my basketball passion between the schools isn't close. I want to see the Hoosiers put it to them. The LVille win was great. Now this team especially needs wins over Butler, Purdue and OSU this year. Time to re-establish the natural order.

13 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Considering UK's less than stellar start to the season, I thought it might be fun to see what Casual Gay Marie is up to these days.  Nothing basketball related since the Ka-yuts lost to Seton Hall, but CGM did predict a 20+ point UK victory before the game.

His herpe lip looks to be clearing up. 

When I see him, it always reminds me of my favorite Kentucky joke...

What's the last thing a Kentucky girl says before she loses her virginity?

"Get off me Pa, yer crushin my smokes."

11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

His herpe lip looks to be clearing up. 

When I see him, it always reminds me of my favorite Kentucky joke...

What's the last thing a Kentucky girl says before she loses her virginity?

"Get off me Pa, yer crushin my smokes."

Love it.

Did you realize the toothbrush was invented in Kentucky? Had it been anywhere else it would have been called a teeth brush!!

Archived