Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

CauseThatsMyDJ

Around the B1G/NCAA

17 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Zona loses their second game in as many nights. Plays Purdue in the last place game tomorrow. 

Wow, who to be for in that game? What a conundrum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Arizona loses again.   Will they implode with the investigation over their heads?

That's exactly what I was thinking. It just feels like there's guilt in that program and it's affecting the results. Mentally, they don't appear to be in a good place at all.  

Looks like a team even Purdue could beat right now. :P

1 hour ago, Hoosrnight said:

Wow, who to be for in that game? What a conundrum.

...and how do you get up for a LAST PLACE game?!!!

I'll root for AZ just to shut up the local Purdue fans who were laughing at the ISU game.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think both teams and fan based thought they would be in championship game.  How about that LAST place game 

Game relegated to ESPN3 as well.

4 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I know it's half time but Texas up 8 over Duke.....

I'd like Duke to win. Always nice having the #1 team in the country come into Assembly Hall.

Edited by RoadToZion

59 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

I'd like Duke to win. Always nice having the #1 team in the country come into Assembly Hall.

While I absolutely agree with you I’m having a really hard time pulling for Duke. I think we have a better chance than most think against them. If we play defense at a high level their inexperience will show. 

Duke will be tough but they are beatable.  With them having to play 3 games in 4 days and have to travel across country Monday they will have little rest before getting to Bloomington for Wednesday game.

...and wow...how bad is Arizona...0-3 in the Battle for Atlantis when they were favored to WIN.

I predict there is a LOT of smoke here with the play for pay scandal.  The players are all playing like they think they are about to be declared ineligible.

• Like 1

I would imagine that the reality with Arizona is probably somewhere in the middle between their original no.2 ranking and the team that we saw this past week. I think they will get it together as the season goes along, they just have so much talent. I think they will be just fine... That is, unless the FBI thing blows up in their face.

Rawle being out hurts them but not this much. ESPN article said if they go from #2 to unranked it would only be second time to Louisville in 1986 which of course worked out ok for them.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Rawle being out hurts them but not this much. ESPN article said if they go from #2 to unranked it would only be second time to Louisville in 1986 which of course worked out ok for them.

As far as Louisville the year is right, but the season is not.  It was the '86-'87 season.  They started the year ranked #2 and then dropped their first 3 games.  They never saw the polls again on their way to a 18-14 campaign.  They actually won the Metro regular season title that year but got beat in the CT by Memphis.  Memphis was on probation.  The Metro sent no team to the NCAAT that year.  

4 minutes ago, rico said:

As far as Louisville the year is right, but the season is not.  It was the '86-'87 season.  They started the year ranked #2 and then dropped their first 3 games.  They never saw the polls again on their way to a 18-14 campaign.  They actually won the Metro regular season title that year but got beat in the CT by Memphis.  Memphis was on probation.  The Metro sent no team to the NCAAT that year.  

Hmmm....  Was that when Calipari coached Memphis?????

32 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Ahhh......    O.K. Thanks

Dana Kirk is the coach that got them in trouble.  He actually went to prison.  Larry Finch took over and was in charge in that 86-87 season.