Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Auburn putting it to Tenn. right now. Maybe the Vols are suffering through a pUKe hang over???

And yeah, Bruce Pearl is a guy I could be happy with, the guy knows how to coach and I really like his firey attitude.....

No thank you he has gotten every school he has been to in trouble.  Don't forget one of his assistants are part of the FBI investigation

12 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Auburn putting it to Tenn. right now. Maybe the Vols are suffering through a pUKe hang over???

And yeah, Bruce Pearl is a guy I could be happy with, the guy knows how to coach and I really like his firey attitude.....

The Illini fans would go nuts if Pearl ever returned to the B1G.  They hate his guts for turning them in to the NCAA when he was an assistant at Iowa.  It happened that the NCAA was too lily livered to crack Illinois on the tapes Pearl turned into them.  But some good came out of the investigation, never the less.... as Illinois which was already under suspension.... was found during the Pearl investigation... to have broken rules... while on suspension.... which in turn caused the NCAA to lengthen the already imposed sanctions.

More on topic... much like Sampson.... I have never questioned Pearl's ability to coach.

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Getting so tired or hearing Dick Vitale whining on these broadcast.  I use to like him back in the 80's but now he is just a old bitter man.

Was thinking about Dickie V....just last night. Got to love his passion for the college game. Has done tons for Cancer research through the Valvano foundation. And when he's gone, I will miss him.  Now, Dakich, on the other hand.....

26 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

In what regard? Having a beer with? Chatting politics and society?

Th

3 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Back with a boot and negative xray per CBS.

Thank you jv. Good news for a B1G player is always good news for this Hoosier fan.   And how about them Hoosiers ?  Number one in the NIT !  Yes.  I love our Hoosiers. 

Admittedly I follow and like Clay Travis. Anyone see him post what Kentucky fans were saying about their own players after loss to Tennessee yesterday? One fan said he hoped all the players get AIDS. 

Just posting this because I know some of our fans took a beating this week. Thought it would be nice for those citing our fans behavior see what good old Big Blue does to their own. 

Anyone else see the Fred Hoiberg to Nebraska all but done deal talk? Pretty impressive reach there for Nebraska...if it plays out. I know their facilities are phenomenal and with Fred being from Ames....maybe he thinks he can turn that into a annual tourney team. If this plays out. Big 10 just got tougher. 

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Anyone else see the Fred Hoiberg to Nebraska all but done deal talk? Pretty impressive reach there for Nebraska...if it plays out. I know their facilities are phenomenal and with Fred being from Ames....maybe he thinks he can turn that into a annual tourney team. If this plays out. Big 10 just got tougher. 

Have they even fired miles yet?

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not good for IU’s chances of regaining a winning record against Nebraska since they joined the conference.

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

He did well at Iowa State.  Without much local talent, he worked the transfer/juco availability about as well as anyone. 

Archived