Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a good one, per NBC...

INDIANAPOLIS — Kentucky athletic director Mitch Barnhart has been selected to lead the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Committee.

It was announced Friday that Barnhart would work with committee chairman Kevin White, Duke’s athletic director, during the upcoming season before succeeding him in the 2020-21 season. Barnhart says being asked to serve in the role by his colleagues on the committee is one of the highest honors he has received.

The NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Committee is in charge of selecting, seeding and bracketing schools each year for the NCAA Tournament.

On 7/12/2019 at 10:19 PM, rico said:

Here is a good one, per NBC...

INDIANAPOLIS — Kentucky athletic director Mitch Barnhart has been selected to lead the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Committee.

It was announced Friday that Barnhart would work with committee chairman Kevin White, Duke’s athletic director, during the upcoming season before succeeding him in the 2020-21 season. Barnhart says being asked to serve in the role by his colleagues on the committee is one of the highest honors he has received.

The NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Committee is in charge of selecting, seeding and bracketing schools each year for the NCAA Tournament.

Like putting the fox in charge of the hen house.

11 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

No doubt. Can't wait to see UK's path these next 2 years. We've had a few rough one's ourselves over the years but UK recently has had some pretty tough regions. 

Honestly other then geography the regions have worked out pretty well...they’ve just fallen flat. Although with Mitch in charge there is no doubt they will get to play in front of all of BBN.

Very interesting. Obviously it includes our 08 and 09 years which were as bad as it gets. Basically it says we've spent about as much as anyone on hoops with fewest tourney wins.

A decade of expenses in College Basketball from '08-'17 had what ROI results? We knew the budgets were scattered, but some of the disparity may shock you. I was working on a tourny success piece and came across @andrewdieckhoff work on ROE. Check it out. Interesting stuff.

D_hd2zvWsAAhkF1.jpg

41 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Very interesting. Obviously it includes our 08 and 09 years which were as bad as it gets. Basically it says we've spent about as much as anyone on hoops with fewest tourney wins.

A decade of expenses in College Basketball from '08-'17 had what ROI results? We knew the budgets were scattered, but some of the disparity may shock you. I was working on a tourny success piece and came across @andrewdieckhoff work on ROE. Check it out. Interesting stuff.

D_hd2zvWsAAhkF1.jpg

So, the more money you spend.  The more successful you are?

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

D_hd2zvWsAAhkF1.jpg

Lol look at how many teams are above us compared to how many we out spend! 

Way to go Fred!

4 hours ago, Long Duk Dong said:

Lol look at how many teams are above us compared to how many we out spend! 

Way to go Fred!

We out spend Purdue, Butler, and ND combined and have half the wins of the worst one and that doesn’t even include the last two years where we have failed to make the tourney. Looks like Mack got a lot of bang for his buck at Xavier. That said Archie was pretty successful compared to his budget before coming here.

Vitale is pretty active on Twitter. Anyway he's been saying it all week that he's hearing several major programs will be hammered. Obviously we know the NCAA's history of letting people off. Curious times. I wouldn't want to be at Arizona, Auburn or Kansas though. 

On 7/15/2019 at 10:41 AM, Seeking6 said:

D_hd2zvWsAAhkF1.jpg

Do the expenses include shoe company/illegal money? Funny that UK/UL/Duke are in the top right quad and all are dirty.

I guess UNC doesn't charge for their fake classes to keep expenses down. 

😛

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Chuck Person was given 200 hours of community service but no jail time.

Was surprised not at the no jail time part but the judge citing his generosity with his $ when he had it as a reason that jail served no purpose. Sentences like this tick me off. Had a friend of a friend of a friend years ago get convicted for bribing a city official in Chicago. Basically business as usual up there. Paid $10k to get a contract. Ended up doing a year in a camp....while Persons takes $91k in bribes and skates. 

13 hours ago, cybergates said:

Do the expenses include shoe company/illegal money? Funny that UK/UL/Duke are in the top right quad and all are dirty.

I guess UNC doesn't charge for their fake classes to keep expenses down. 

😛

What it shows is cheating results in wins. Duke, UK, UNC, UL, Syracuse, Kansas, and Arizona...all huge cheaters and all at the top of NCAA wins. We are just wasting our money on the wrong things.

39 minutes ago, dgambill said:

What it shows is cheating results in wins. Duke, UK, UNC, UL, Syracuse, Kansas, and Arizona...all huge cheaters and all at the top of NCAA wins. We are just wasting our money on the wrong things.

But we do it the RIGHT way...sigh.

10 hours ago, dgambill said:

Still would rather lose the right way than win the wrong way

Archived