Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must admit I saw Purdue was up 18 in first half and didn't even look again? Lose by 10?? Hard to have 28 point turnarounds in a game. Must have been total collapse. Hard to stave off a run when missing a player like Edwards who can hit shots to stop the bleeding. I see future NBA legend Mr. Eastern only had 2 points too.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Must admit I saw Purdue was up 18 in first half and didn't even look again? Lose by 10?? Hard to have 28 point turnarounds in a game. Must have been total collapse. Hard to stave off a run when missing a player like Edwards who can hit shots to stop the bleeding. I see future NBA legend Mr. Eastern only had 2 points too.

Couldn’t hit free throws. Foul trouble hurt too. Shooting has to improve. 

I saw all of the Purdue/Texas game that was shown after the delay for ending of MSU/Illini football game.  PU played well in the game only to make 3 TOs in prime time to lose.  I didn't see any of Purdue/Marquette game, but heard Purdue up big in 1st half.  Now I find that they got blitzed 40-17 in 2d half --  not good.  Similar to Iowa/Purdue game a few years ago.  Purdue has a long way to go.  Eastern is a great defender, but not a PG or reliable scorer. 

24 minutes ago, slojoe said:

I saw all of the Purdue/Texas game that was shown after the delay for ending of MSU/Illini football game.  PU played well in the game only to make 3 TOs in prime time to lose.  I didn't see any of Purdue/Marquette game, but heard Purdue up big in 1st half.  Now I find that they got blitzed 40-17 in 2d half --  not good.  Similar to Iowa/Purdue game a few years ago.  Purdue has a long way to go.  Eastern is a great defender, but not a PG or reliable scorer. 

It’ll be an adjustment period for sure. Losing a guy like Carsen was always going to be tough. 

51 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It’ll be an adjustment period for sure. Losing a guy like Carsen was always going to be tough. 

I don't know why they didn't run the offense through Haarm's. He was dominating in the first half. I think maybe they wore out in the 2nd half. 

Shots were short and they bricked a ton of free throws. 

Purdue had this issue last year at the beginning when they tried balanced scoring. Painter cut bench minutes and gave the possessions to Carsen and Cline. It worked. He doesn't have the scorers to do that right now. It will be hard for them until they figure it out. First thing I would do would be to move Hunter to PG, put Eastern at the 4 (cause that's what he is) and put Wheeler that the 3.

6 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

LSU lands 5 star guard Cameron Thomas.

Will Wade must have made another strong *ss offer.

Will is right at the top of my "want to see punished" list.

I think the thing that grinds my gears about Wade is that he didn't "pay his dues".  He just cheated and leap-frogged over a bunch of coaches to get to the top.  He'll be 37 years old at the end of the month and this is literally his 7th year as a head coach.  Who knows how much he cheated at Chattanooga and VCU, but considering what he's been caught red-handed doing at LSU, you can bet it didn't start there.  Sorry...I don't care who's playing for him and how good the family is.  If this unfolds as expected, I hope the NCAA really sticks it to Wade and LSU, but especially Wade.

There are probably a lot of other coaches that would like to see him go down as well.

On 11/18/2019 at 1:21 PM, FKIM01 said:

Will is right at the top of my "want to see punished" list.

I also have Will number 1

1a and 1b are Self and Miller. 

There is no way any of those three should be coaching (and I’m still not over Coach “aw shucks” /University of No Classes being let off the hook).

6 hours ago, IU878176 said:

I also have Will number 1

1a and 1b are Self and Miller. 

There is no way any of those three should be coaching (and I’m still not over Coach “aw shucks” /University of No Classes being let off the hook).

I'd trade all 4 of the above in half a heartbeat if the Godfather himself would go down: Teflon John Calipari.

Archived