Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Position-less basketball sounds like a baked in excuse for excessive turnovers. I could talk about Crean's coaching for 10 hours, but I think I could wrap it up in 9.

We know what worked, but what didn't work never seemed to get better. He swung for the fences and got great upsets, but would follow up with losses to low-level teams. He loved to be the underdog with a chip on his shoulder, but didn't know how to be the top dog once he started winning (fear of success!). For every great recruiting victory or diamond in the rough, he would bring in an equal number of not-B10 worthy kids. These traits never improved with him.

16 minutes ago, BGleas said:

He's perfect for the Marquette's, Georgia's, NC State's, Arizona State's, etc., of the world.  

Right there it is.  If the NCAA tournament is an expectation and not an accomplishment, Tom's out of his league.  He's going to have the occasional bad year.  But overall, he'll have more good than bad years. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Yeah I'll defend CTC on several grounds, because people keep throwing out crap that frankly just isn't true, but man, this is comical. 

I am with you there and I might be wrong but a friend of mine that is a big Georgia supporter told me it stands for Bulldog, not basketball player. No idea he said CTC is preaching team first particularly with a guy that seems to be one of the first few picks next year. IDK take it for what it is worth. 

• KDB locked this topic

Archived