JC point guard

IU Scott

Listening to Assembly Call last night and coach brought up that he heard Roberts went to see a point guard at Vincennes the other night.  Don't know if he plays for Vincennes or his team was playing there but had not heard of us looking a a JC point guard.  does anyone have a clue who this could be and how good this player might be.

21 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Looked at their team stats. In 13 conference games, he's averaging 16 pts, almost 9 rebounds (he's 6'1") and 6.2 assists. On the season, he has 137 assists to 39 TOs. Shoots about 50% and 33% from 3. Also leads the team in blocks at 2 per game. With those rebounds and blocks, he must have some bounce.

49 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

I only see one opening for next year.  Who am I missing?

You’re right ... 12 are accounted for. CAM must be giving us a hint. Just hope a Fr or Soph isn’t leaving us along with DG and DD. Guess I could see DA leaving.

JRs - JB, AD, JS

Sophs - RT, DA, RP

Fresh - JH, AF, TJD

Incoming - AL, TG, JG

11 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

You’re right ... 12 are accounted for. CAM must be giving us a hint. Just hope a Fr or Soph isn’t leaving us along with DG and DD. Guess I could see DA leaving.

JRs - JB, AD, JS

Sophs - RT, DA, RP

Fresh - JH, AF, TJD

Incoming - AL, TG, JG

My gut reaction has been right the last two times and this time it is telling me that Smith will leave after this year.  I hope I ma wrong because I think he has been good this year and has some good qualities for this team.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

My gut reaction has been right the last two times and this time it is telling me that Smith will leave after this year.  I hope I ma wrong because I think he has been good this year and has some good qualities for this team.

If he's going to graduate in 3 I might see it as a grad transfer, but I haven't heard anything either way on that...

But the scuttle about an on court rift between Justin and Devonte is already gonna be solved by one leaving through graduation anyway...

He's seemed this year to want to embrace a team leadership role...I would hope he would see that through...

3 hours ago, Indykev said:

Maybe he let the cat out of the bag. Fisch said you have one and Archie corrected him saying we will have 2 open.

Well let the speculation begin.   CAM says on the radio show at 32:30 when asked what is he doing with the last scholarship he says well we will actually have 2.  Not sure if he misspoke because he said "we 2 scholarships actually that we've held for the spring on purpose."

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/02/11/news-and-notes-from-archie-millers-radio-show-35/

As currently stands with public knowledge we have 1. 

https://www.insidethehall.com/indiana-scholarship-numbers/

1 hour ago, IUrocker said:

I thought there was a Sports Illustrated article that had TJD saying he was definitely returning next season to develop more of his game. So if he was genuine in saying all that, then it’s gotta be someone else going to open up that other scholly. 

Correct.  He has already said for sure he is coming back.  

17 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

JRs - JB, AD, JS

Sophs - RT, DA, RP

Fresh - JH, AF, TJD

Incoming - AL, TG, JG

Wasn't sure he if he was hinting at something or saying he would use the over sign spot for sure.  Either way someone else would have to leave.  

23 hours ago, IUFLA said:

If he's going to graduate in 3 I might see it as a grad transfer, but I haven't heard anything either way on that...

But the scuttle about an on court rift between Justin and Devonte is already gonna be solved by one leaving through graduation anyway...

He's seemed this year to want to embrace a team leadership role...I would hope he would see that through...

I agree with this.  I haven't seen the problems that others have with Justin this year.  After the FSU game when he was asked in the presser about Devonte's shooting, Justin said something akin to "Just keep feeding him the ball as long as they are good shots"  To which Devonte said "They are all good shots", and Justin said OK and rolled his eyes.  That told me where both players were early in the season, and I don't think much has changed since.  One is trying to play within the offense and the other....

Archived