Changing Paths

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DunkinDipo said:

I've defended Archie up until this game. But I can no longer do so. I officially hope he is fired at the end of the season. He's lost this team and the majority of the fan base at this point. If he comes back next year he's simply a dead man walking. 

I doubt he will be fired after this year

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Don't see that ever happening and why would he leave Auburn to come here.  Not everyone grew up an IU fan and dreamed of coaching here like we as fans did.

You’re warming up to it aren’t you?  Normally you respond that we don’t want a coach like Pearl at IU. Now it’s why would he come here, not we don’t want him. 

Just messing with you a little to bring a small laugh and cheer to an awful day. 

11 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

You’re warming up to it aren’t you?  Normally you respond that we don’t want a coach like Pearl at IU. Now it’s why would he come here, not we don’t want him. 

Just messing with you a little to bring a small laugh and cheer to an awful day. 

Just like with Sampson if he is brought here I would support him but if I had a decision on it he would not be the coach.

I like Archie, and I want him to succeed, because I dont think IU can suffer too many more coaching changes.  We are descending in to obscurity. And to be honest I am really pissed off right now. 

Been waiting 20 yrs for RMK to return and there was a total lack of effort, heart, and passion. 

1 hour ago, DunkinDipo said:

I would love to get Bruce Pearl. He might be the biggest name left that we could actually get with the right amount of money. 

Pearl is 60 and it took several years to win at Auburn. The one guy who is the best fit for IU is Chris Beard. It would take a fortune. He’s the third highest paid coach. Also, expected to be next coach at Texas. He would have the fan base fully behind him at IU, though. Not an IU guy, but as close as you can get. 

11 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Pearl is 60 and it took several years to win at Auburn. The one guy who is the best fit for IU is Chris Beard. It would take a fortune. He’s the third highest paid coach. Also, expected to be next coach at Texas. He would have the fan base fully behind him at IU, though. Not an IU guy, but as close as you can get. 

Pretty sure he is a Texas guy so why do you think he would come to IU especially since he is already paid well.

15 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Not an IU guy, but a Knight guy. And after today, once again, the line between the two is very, very thin. 

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Pretty sure he is a Texas guy so why do you think he would come to IU especially since he is already paid well.

The primary  reason would be to honor the legacy of RMK and be the guy to restore the tradition. No idea if he’d leave the State of Texas. You’d have to break the bank, but after what Cuban sat through today, I could see him contributing 

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

The primary  reason would be to honor the legacy of RMK and be the guy to restore the tradition. No idea if he’d leave the State of Texas. You’d have to break the bank, but after what Cuban sat through today, I could see him contributing 

But Beard probably don't care about IU's legacy

Archived