IU - Purdue Post Game thread

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

For the first time this season, I have come to believe we will miss the tournament again. Not sure next year is much better either.  So sad. So frustrating. 

I agree.  I fully expected a win here.  Don't see a way to 9 conference wins now.

Basically the best day for iu in 20 years immediately followed by a crushing, embarrassing, no effort, no skill, no execution,  no sign of strategy,  no half time adjustments.  No help is on the way.  Program is regressing.  Fans walking out.  How are we going to land 2021 with a lame duck coach?

I'm angry.  I'm sick.  I'm exhausted with this product.  There is no joy.  No pure basketball like it used to be.  Like the product that Butler and purdue consistently put on the floor.  I don't know what the future holds but I wonder if I'll care.  

Two things. I separate the issues between Knight and his return.....and a team that obviously isn't working well together. I really don't have the answer. I'm sure Archie feels the same way but I'm tired of this crap. I'm tired of thinking are we a 9 or 10 seed now. I'm tired of thinking we might have a chance at home vs average teams. Again. No clue the answer but right now after 2.6 years into the operation.....not seeing the results we should expect. 

2 minutes ago, Hard Hat said:

Been on the Archie train from the beginning but today it turned very dark for me.  Once again, my favorite time of the year will not have my favorite team playing.  I am afraid it’s about to get ugly.  

I feel exactly the same. Honestly, I put a lot of the blame on the players, but the head coach has to be held accountable. 

7 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

3 seasons, post-CTC, and does anyone believe the program is in better shape than it was then?  I sure as hell don't.

I’d have to say honestly no. Roster construction was my biggest gripe with Crean and I thought for sure that was just HIM and most coaches would never not be able to see gaping holes on a team and have them filled. How we STILL don’t have shooters blows my freaking mind. And we apparently won’t next year either.

Archived