IU - Purdue Post Game thread

Just now, 5fouls said:

Was travelling for work this week.  Had to get some things done for my mom at some point today.  I had to choose between watching IU / PU or going to the Girls Sectional Final for the school my kids attend.  I chose the Girls Sectional Final.  

Just watched the video of Coach Knight's return, which is the only thing I felt I was missing anyway.

They played the girls finals during the day?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

When you were saying we was not in at that time was wrong.  Nobody said we were a lock but at that tie we were solidly in the field. Nobody said if we don't keep winning we would still get in the tournament but just at that time.  All the projections had us in the tournament as of this morning but that will change if we don't start winning.

ok.  you're probably right.  i'm probably wrong.  Go Hoosiers!  all good.

9 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

To be honest, many of us have kind of been at the edge ready to jump, but just waiting for the push we figured was coming.  A bunch of people got that push today.

Yeah today was it- I had marked this down as one they had to have.  I would've said 60% chance or maybe a little better had they won today, but this was a big one- I put it at 10% or less now the way they're playing.  Where are the one or two road wins they need going to come from?  I think Archie gets one more year, but I'd be shocked if they made the tournament next year either.  No idea what's happened here.  He can coach.  He has talent, although not enough shooters.  This team should not be this bad.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

They played the girls finals during the day?

No.  It's tonight.  My mom needed 4 hours of my time at some point today to help her run errands (she does not drive).  So, after watching my grandson play a biddie ball game this morning, I had to choose between giving my mom the 12-4 time slot or the 4-8 time slot.  She even suggested we go later so that I could watch the IU game.  I told her that I would rather go watch the girls game tonight.     

38 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

My wife just told me what’s wrong with this team....it’s full of a bunch of millennials that don’t care if the sun comes up or not...I work with some...they come to work and don’t want to do anything...don’t care if anything gets done or not....these players could care less that RMK was there...all the players were there..Mark Cuban..Sage Steele..that people paid a lot of money for tickets...just look at who plays and see if they fit the bill....RMK being there didn’t reverse no curse...it closed the book on Indiana basketball as fans know it from when he coached...mediocre has set in and it’s been that way for 20years and probably 20 more

You do realize that all players in college basketball are in the same generation right?

Such a disappointing effort today. Shed some tears at halftime. Welcome back, Coach Knight. 

I think I am reaching peak apathy at this point. I try to watch all the games. I can hear my dad telling me to keep pulling for those Hoosiers. But I may just need to take the 'DVR and watch if we win' approach because these losses are so very frustrating to watch. There is no enjoyment at all. I can find better things to do with my time for 2 hours on a game day/night. 

I want Archie to succeed. I think he is back for another year at least no matter what anyone thinks. But this is such a rough start...oh-fer against Purdue and staring down 3 straight years with no NCAA tournament bid. It feels like a deep hole to dig out of. Maybe I expect too much. Maybe I should stop caring at all. I don't know. I am just rambling and drinking a few beers I guess.

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

No.  It's tonight.  My mom needed 4 hours of my time at some point today to help her run errands (she does not drive).  So, after watching my grandson play a biddie ball game this morning, I had to choose between giving my mom the 12-4 time slot or the 4-8 time slot.  She even suggested we go later so that I could watch the IU game.  I told her that I would rather go watch the girls game tonight.     

Sounds like you have your priorities straight.  My mom and dad can't drive at night any longer so I have to take them everywhere so I understand helping you mom.

43 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

My wife just told me what’s wrong with this team....it’s full of a bunch of millennials that don’t care if the sun comes up or not...I work with some...they come to work and don’t want to do anything...don’t care if anything gets done or not....these players could care less that RMK was there...all the players were there..Mark Cuban..Sage Steele..that people paid a lot of money for tickets...just look at who plays and see if they fit the bill....RMK being there didn’t reverse no curse...it closed the book on Indiana basketball as fans know it from when he coached...mediocre has set in and it’s been that way for 20years and probably 20 more

This is...not a good take. I too work with a "bunch of millenials", and most of them (not all) are fantastic employees who do care about a lot of things. Blaming things on generations is a lazy, but convenient out for deeper problems that plague certain programs, IMO. Also, you do realize that winning programs that are kicking ass have those same "millenials" playing on the same courts, right? 

My dad used to say when a defining moment comes along, you can either define the moment, or the moment will define you.  I have my answer for this team.  While I have never rooted against my Hoosiers, if by chance we miss the tournament, and Devonte Green becomes part of the first 4 year class at IU to never play in the tournament....well, that seems a fitting legacy.

50 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

If I understand what you are saying, the goal is to "get in" whether we are good enough or not. My understanding of what you say is, just get in at any cost (no matter how freaking terrible you play) and everything is rainbows and unicorns. .... I think that is totally opposite of what it means to be a Hoosier. WE DO NOT accept participation trophies! 

I'm starting the last 5 on the bench next game. I am 100% behind Archie being successful. But I am done with him having the soft hand. Either lead, or get out of the way. What is being done is not working. Start Bybee and the rest and I will give it time, start the same and I'll be off the train. (I totally want Archie to be successful!!)  

Absolutely the goal is to get in... what else is there?

Yeah, let’s put all of the walkons in and see what happens... that will get the job done.

Get in the tournament and build on that. Totally get that things aren’t working now, but have to keep working... we don’t have have the players that can be consistent right now. Everyone knew this was going to be an up and down season. Buckle up

This is an embarrassing loss, no two ways about it. I've been trying to be patient with CAM, but c'mon - you had a week to rest and prepare your team, and you knew about the Knight/1980 team reunion and basically shit the bed when you had the chance to attain glory. This performance is on him (as he said as much), and I really don't see how he's making progress. He is the highest paid employee of the state of Indiana, and this big poop fest today is the result of almost 3 years of effort? It's totally reasonable to question whether this dude is the one. I'm beginning to think not.  

29 minutes ago, bobtcat2 said:

Yeah today was it- I had marked this down as one they had to have.  I would've said 60% chance or maybe a little better had they won today, but this was a big one- I put it at 10% or less now the way they're playing.  Where are the one or two road wins they need going to come from?  I think Archie gets one more year, but I'd be shocked if they made the tournament next year either.  No idea what's happened here.  He can coach.  He has talent, although not enough shooters.  This team should not be this bad.

You think this team has talent? Besides the guys below who else do you really want on your team?

TJD (who can’t shoot)

RP (who isn’t playing up to par)

JB (who’s been bad the last four games)

AF (only on here bc he’s a FR with potential)

JH (who is a turnover machine)

And AF and JH are debatable. 

JS, DG, DD, and AD can’t leave quick enough. RT isn’t getting any better IMO. Neither is DA. 

That was piss poor Knight homecoming or not. I say that having truly loved the Knight return. These guys are a flaming heap of dung. They didn't put up fight after about 2/3 of the way through the 1st half. Just unacceptable at Assembly Hall vs. Purdue. I can't wait for these juniors and seniors to be shown the door. And I don't think it will be much longer before Archie gets the same treatment. This roster is far from perfect, but they shouldn't get handled by this Purdue roster with that level of ease. What a crock of program we've become.

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He should have clean hose year 1

Not to totally rehash this, and correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t the program under some constraints with that due to a transfer/grade measurement? I can’t think of what it’s called at the moment. (Forgive me)

Archived