IU - Purdue Post Game thread

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MrsStoller said:

Not to totally rehash this, and correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t the program under some constraints with that due to a transfer/grade measurement? I can’t think of what it’s called at the moment. (Forgive me)

Well since we did not make the tournament anyways it would been worth the sacrafice

1 hour ago, iuthruandthru said:

Just going to note a couple things for now:

Was anyone else dumbfounded on Archie taking TJD and Hunter out after we got writhing 6?  Then Purdue scores 7 straight.  It seems like Archie loves to mess with teams that are flowing.

purdue fan behind me questioned why the team doesn’t feed TJD every time.  Straight up said no one on Purdue can stop him, he was amazed the team didn’t feed him the ball more.  Once again a commoner theme.

Still going to wait for the season to complete before I pass final judgment on the year but this was not a good look.

I am lucky though, as I can say I saw Coach Knight coach his last game at AH and the. Saw him set foot on the court for his next and maybe last in person game.  I teared up, was special and I won’t forget it.

They stopped feeding him when Green came in the game for the first time.  He had to get his....after that, Trayce would post but not get the ball.  You could see the frustration on his face.  Archie is fully to blame for this mess.  He has said changes are coming multiple times but none ever do.  Time for a change

I wish Archie would stop subbing two or 3 players after the first timeout every game.  We started alright getting up 5-0 and was still up 7-5 after the first timeout.  I know I harp on the past but RMK did not just sub to be subbing and sometimes would not sub at all during a half.

6 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

They stopped feeding him when Green came in the game for the first time.  He had to get his....after that, Trayce would post but not get the ball.  You could see the frustration on his face.  Archie is fully to blame for this mess.  He has said changes are coming multiple times but none ever do.  Time for a change

It isn't his team, it is Devonte Green's team.  That behind the back bull shhh pass he pulled early in the game to Race should have earned him a permanent spot on the bench.  Armaan would have gotten all of his minutes at that point.  And when he got back to the bench I would have let him know about it too.  Instead he was rewarded with more playing time.

He overly complicates the game by thinking he is the next coming of Allen I and MJ.  He is a momentum killer.  And you know what, it isn't his fault.  It is the fault of the guy who is paid $3 million a year to be in control who keeps letting him get away with it who is to blame.

I do NOT understand giving Green chance after chance. If there’s any fanbase in college hoops that would be all for benching unfundamental play, even if it cost us wins, it would be us. Yet we keep losing AND playing this kid!!!

losing is bad enough, losing with him playing just rubs salt in the wound

I have seen my dad get emotional less than five times in my life and he did for a moment today. I did not grow up watching the Knight era much but the reunion clearly meant a lot to him as someone who's been a fan for most of his life. And then he said "It just sucks they couldn't at least be competitive on a day like today" as he left my house, and it hurt my heart.

Archie isn't it. We don't have a gameplan coming out of halftime. We can't guard or make 3 pointers, and we play a style of basketball that is both outdated and one that we don't even execute well to begin with. This may be just me, but it even bothers me the players didn't watch halftime. It's not like we're coming up with a gameplan and didn't have time to watch the most significant off-the-court event in recent program history, so I just don't know why a coach wouldn't make his players witness something like the reunion with RMK unless they just really don't get the program they work for. Maybe they would actually play with a degree of passion after seeing a group of champions get together and honor their old team and coach. To me, it's a sign of someone over their head. If that was all the evidence I had, I'd be less certain about it. But we've had SO many games at this point where Arch looks completely lost and over his head with a Big Ten schedule that there are not many other conclusions to make about it.

Find an AD who isn't having this and start over again. This isn't working. I understand he's going to get next year too, but we aren't making an elite eight any time soon with him. We'd be lucky to sniff the First Four and it's not enough.

15 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I do NOT understand giving Green chance after chance. If there’s any fanbase in college hoops that would be all for benching unfundamental play, even if it cost us wins, it would be us. Yet we keep losing AND playing this kid!!!

losing is bad enough, losing with him playing just rubs salt in the wound

Blame Fred and his ludicrous bill of rights.  I’m sure Archie would have Creaned Green years ago if he had the chance.

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

Blame Fred and his ludicrous bill of rights.  I’m sure Archie would have Creaned Green years ago if he had the chance.

It has nothing to do with the bill of rights because it does not guarantee a roster spot.  It just says that you can keep your scholarship and guaranteed that your school is paid for.

35 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

Yeah I’m sure Fred thought he was hiring the Michael of the family when he made the call.   It is pretty obvious that he hired Fredo instead.

18 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I have seen a few people say this but I ask, why does he get so many minutes if he would love to get rid of him?  He literally lets him turn the tide to the other team over and over again.  I have said it before, he just hope he gets hot, but is it worth it.  He may win you 1 game out of 10.  

It’s obvious DG plays to show everyone he’s as good or more skillful than his brother. I can’t imagine it’s easy living in your brother’s shadow when it comes to basketball. His second cousin Gerald Green is in the NBA and third cousin Willie Green played in the NBA. He simply plays to try to impress “people” and show that he has the requisite skills to be a NBA player. Look at me type players rarely mesh well in a team environment where the competition is just as good or talented as they are. The ironic part about all of this is that Danny was the epitome of a team player who did all the little things well, including being a really good shooter. 

2 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

My wife just told me what’s wrong with this team....it’s full of a bunch of millennials that don’t care if the sun comes up or not...I work with some...they come to work and don’t want to do anything...don’t care if anything gets done or not....these players could care less that RMK was there...all the players were there..Mark Cuban..Sage Steele..that people paid a lot of money for tickets...just look at who plays and see if they fit the bill....RMK being there didn’t reverse no curse...it closed the book on Indiana basketball as fans know it from when he coached...mediocre has set in and it’s been that way for 20years and probably 20 more

But what about the millennials on the other teams who are killing us? Last i checked they were the same age.

3 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

We need to bring Bruce back to Indiana.  I went to his camps as a kid and met him many times.  He would create a dynasty here.  Bank it.

I'm with you all the way.

I watched the Auburn vs. LSU game and Pearl was really in the game all the way. Say what you want about the guy, but he knows how to win no matter where he goes.....

2 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

My wife just told me what’s wrong with this team....it’s full of a bunch of millennials that don’t care if the sun comes up or not...I work with some...they come to work and don’t want to do anything...don’t care if anything gets done or not....these players could care less that RMK was there...all the players were there..Mark Cuban..Sage Steele..that people paid a lot of money for tickets...just look at who plays and see if they fit the bill....RMK being there didn’t reverse no curse...it closed the book on Indiana basketball as fans know it from when he coached...mediocre has set in and it’s been that way for 20years and probably 20 more

image.png.aa3930276767ae21fe037a93384124d0.png

Well, I just given to me for the Michigan game next Sunday by my cousin who is a Michigan season ticket holder.

I really don't want to waste my time to drive over to Ann Arbor to see them get their butts kicked.

It is really sad to feel that way because not too long ago I would of went no matter what.

We ain't what we used to be and I don't know if we will ever be, at least not in my lifetime.

Archived