IU - Purdue Post Game thread

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jefftheref said:

Well, I just given to me for the Michigan game next Sunday by my cousin who is a Michigan season ticket holder.

I really don't want to waste my time to drive over to Ann Arbor to see them get their butts kicked.

It is really sad to feel that way because not too long ago I would of went no matter what.

We ain't what we used to be and I don't know if we will ever be, at least not in my lifetime.

Honestly I was thinking about going to that game. Never been to Ann Arbor.

13 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Was really cool to see the recognition at halftime. A ton of emotion and something that was cool to see even from a rival fan like myself. 

It was good to see Coach Keady there as well, and his applause for Coach Knight was a nice reminder of their friendship and respect for one another. Good reminder that life transcends the game.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I wish Archie would stop subbing two or 3 players after the first timeout every game.  We started alright getting up 5-0 and was still up 7-5 after the first timeout.  I know I harp on the past but RMK did not just sub to be subbing and sometimes would not sub at all during a half.

I totally agree. If guys have it rolling why do some of them have to come out after only 5 minutes of game time? Happened again today. It’s almost like he has a laminated checklist that includes “sub guys at the first time out.”. 

The remaining strength of schedule thing on teamrankings.com is now saying IU has the 8th toughest remaining in the B1G, 11th overall. 

Espns bpi projector is saying 4-4.  Of course, lose 4 on the road and win 4 at home.  I'd be shocked if this team wins the four home games.  Will be interesting to see if there is any recovery from this.  

2 hours ago, jefftheref said:

I was there back when Sampson was coaching. Nice arena to watch a game.

I had a bad experience in my only visit to Chrysler Arena back in 1985.  We were there to watch my oldest brother to play for the state finals in basketball.  No joke when we found our seats towards the top  and there were several buckets on the floor filled with water.  Sure enough there was a pipe that was leaking.  We found an usher and since my brother was playing in the finals they gave us seats dam near behind the bench.  I will admit it is a nice arena to watch a game.

I remember the semifinal game was in the old Jenison Field House at Michigan State.  Had the worse seats possible right behind backboard and just high enough where I had to look threw the backboard to see if a shot was made or not on the other end.

9 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Basically the best day for iu in 20 years immediately followed by a crushing, embarrassing, no effort, no skill, no execution,  no sign of strategy,  no half time adjustments.  No help is on the way.  Program is regressing.  Fans walking out.  How are we going to land 2021 with a lame duck coach?

I'm angry.  I'm sick.  I'm exhausted with this product.  There is no joy.  No pure basketball like it used to be.  Like the product that Butler and purdue consistently put on the floor.  I don't know what the future holds but I wonder if I'll care.  

Nail .....head

9 hours ago, FWIUFan said:

So terribly disappointed in today.  How is it possible for a team to play such an uninspired game on such a epic day in IUBB history.  Words escape me.  The game was Never in doubt from tip.  There simply is no player I can say came to play today.  I believe they have managed to play themselves out of the NCAAT at this point.  The simply are no alpha males on this team.  I am so disgusted for the team and and the state of IUBB today.  I truly don''t think they deserve to put their uniforms back on after today.  CAM needs to apologize for today.

On the only positive note for today:

Excited and happy to see CMK but he obviously is very ill.  Needs our prayers for sure.  I am so thankful that he finally came back!  Welcome home coach!

All correct with one exception ...tjd 1. Lead team in points 2. Lead team in rebounds 3. Lead team in assists 4. Is only player who looks like he tries hard almost all the time .......he should be getting 15 shots per game not 5-9

9 hours ago, iufaninand said:

Been a fan for 45 years. I’m not going to make this appointment TV anymore this year. I’ll run the DVD if it’s seems like a good game. It’s either a great lack of D1 talent or a coach that has no clue how to coach in this league. I’m just really at a loss, but I know I’m tired of watching uninspired basketball and then the coach speak after

I think it’s far more effort and basketball iq than it is talent ( although shooting talent seems to be a major anchor )

1 hour ago, MRQUEEZ said:

I had a bad experience in my only visit to Chrysler Arena back in 1985.  We were there to watch my oldest brother to play for the state finals in basketball.  No joke when we found our seats towards the top  and there were several buckets on the floor filled with water.  Sure enough there was a pipe that was leaking.  We found an usher and since my brother was playing in the finals they gave us seats dam near behind the bench.  I will admit it is a nice arena to watch a game.

I remember the semifinal game was in the old Jenison Field House at Michigan State.  Had the worse seats possible right behind backboard and just high enough where I had to look threw the backboard to see if a shot was made or not on the other end.

Welcome to the forum!

10 hours ago, Bedford1432 said:

But what about the millennials on the other teams who are killing us? Last i checked they were the same age.

Your exactly  right...but those on the other teams do care...those on PU had one care today..to beat IU on one of its biggest days in 20 years...paint it how you want but IU has certain players who just dont care.

5 hours ago, MRQUEEZ said:

Jenison was a dump.  Dark and dingy. MSU has come a long way in regards to their facilities. 

Crisler Arena has had some updating. It seats around 12,000 so even the upper seats are not bad.

14 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Archie's going nowhere for 2 years, so get use to it...and yes, addition by subtraction does work sometimes, especially when team leadership changes hands...

On to Thursday and the Hawkeyes...

I could see a scenario where he is let go after next year. The AD switch is coming at a good time for Arch keeping his seat cool this year.

14 minutes ago, rico said:

Well, I was travelling as the game was played.  Didn't listen at all.  I had a good time without even knowing about an IU loss.  Happy Sunday everybody.

Same — sometimes a break is good. 

it’s funny in a way. This is my college, I’m a die hard IU b-ball fan, but at the same time I graduated years ago, these guys are college kids with whom I have no connection other than I went to IU and like following my school — another disappointing loss, but it’s just one college game lol 

This was a must win that took on historic significance with the Knight return announcement. Neither of those two appeared to light a fire under this team on their home floor buoyed by awesome fan support (as always). Nor did the fact that they had a full week to rest, recuperate, and prepare.

There is no acceptable explanation or excuse to justify that performance. Weak execution, week sense of purpose, copious turnovers, and despite what TJD said in the post-game presser, entirely too little heart. It would be a great story to end the season by defending the homecourt to the tune of four more wins and sneaking in the tournament. After the current losing streak - yesterday's debacle punctuating it with a huge exclamation point - a realistic expectation is another epic fail stretch run like the one that doomed us last year. 

CAM gets at least one more year I suspect. But if we lose our way into the NIT over the next few weeks, I think he's going to need a miracle next year. He'll lose a chunk of the Crean's recruits crutch. Not sure the returning talent plus the current coming recruits are going to move the needle. And, even if there is the necessary talent infusion, can he lead them there?

29 minutes ago, D-BONE said:

This was a must win that took on historic significance with the Knight return announcement. Neither of those two appeared to light a fire under this team on their home floor buoyed by awesome fan support (as always). Nor did the fact that they had a full week to rest, recuperate, and prepare.

There is no acceptable explanation or excuse to justify that performance. Weak execution, week sense of purpose, copious turnovers, and despite what TJD said in the post-game presser, entirely too little heart. It would be a great story to end the season by defending the homecourt to the tune of four more wins and sneaking in the tournament. After the current losing streak - yesterday's debacle punctuating it with a huge exclamation point - a realistic expectation is another epic fail stretch run like the one that doomed us last year. 

CAM gets at least one more year I suspect. But if we lose our way into the NIT over the next few weeks, I think he's going to need a miracle next year. He'll lose a chunk of the Crean's recruits crutch. Not sure the returning talent plus the current coming recruits are going to move the needle. And, even if there is the necessary talent infusion, can he lead them there?

I think if we miss the tourney this year and next year is a flop he only is back if he signs furst lander and Kaufman or at least two of those three from 2021...won’t want to risk a monster class de-committing ....other than that scenario ...no tourney runs this year or next and it’s hasta la vista 

Archived